Skip to content
Maintankadin

Mt. Hyjal - Anetheron

Worldie
Sun Mar 09, 2008 6:20 am
Get mana pots if you tank anatheron <.<
_________________

YoYoMa
Wed Mar 26, 2008 7:03 am
We've beaten Anetheron several times now but I am having a hell of a time pinning down how to keep people alive through infernals. I'd say about 75% of the time an infernal lands on somebody it kills them, obviously this hurts the raid when you've got 5 or 6 dead people by the end.

I'm the infernal tank on this and we've tried a few things. First, I have a macro setup to target the infernal and cast exo. I've played with timing on this and gotten it down where I pretty much hit him as soon as he's targetable so I think I'm doing all I can from that side.

On the flip side, we've had people stand where they are, we've also had them try running towards me. But regardless the infernal usually pops on their head, stuns, melees, and immolates and the person is dead within about 2 seconds.

We started having the druids hot up this person and it does help in a few cases. I'm also thinking of having pallies pre-bop the targeted person to prevent the melee attack.

Regardless, I can't help but think I'm missing some vital piece of this, a person dying on each infernal is not acceptable. Any tips on this part to keep people alive? Thanks
YoYoMa
Tue Apr 01, 2008 10:24 am
well I dunno if maybe there was just really wierd lag last time we did him because this week we were back to no issues again. Not really sure what was up.

As far as FR, I think it's kindda been covered. I usually go with around 330 ish with my aura on and I have no problems holding aggro or issues with damage. I'm just using all the flamebane crafted goodies, the phoenix fire band, and I think some quest neck. I don't recall all the names off the top of my head.
bighammar
Thu Apr 10, 2008 7:20 pm
i've found that having the people move when they're targeted really helps. it will help them avoid the stun and death from the falling infernal. then i exo it and haul it back behind the raid, hopefully not hitting other people in the raid.

works out pretty well so long as i'm making sure i lock down aggro. now if we can just get better at not getting pwned by carrion swarm we'll stop having wipes at 10%
_________________
------
a sometimes genius
Averroes
Mon Apr 21, 2008 12:19 pm
I tank this guy with out fire resist twice and kept almost dieing and im thinking of putting some on, just need an answer to the following questions.

1. How much fire resist should I have on?

2. Do I need to be uncrushable?

3. How much spell damage should I have?

My Illidan fire resist gear has no spell damage but from the mace I use so im just wondering if I switch it up a bit.
_________________


Credit goes to my guildie Slimp for making sigs for the guild.
Mortehl
Tue Apr 22, 2008 7:12 am
You might want to drop the 100 badges and get the epix. You'll need them later anyway.
_________________
I r can pull now plz?