Well, I went ahead and tried to tank him too. As stated earlier this is more than possible. Mana wasn't too big an issue, I was going all-out max-ranking all my abilities whenever anything was off cooldown. Bigwigs did pop up once giving me a little warning telling me who I was about to blow up, but I got hit with a warstomp and took enough damage to go right back to 100% mana. Going all-out isn't even completely necessary, I dipped down to ~15% mana once, and that was because I was getting mana drained and a mile ahead of everyone on the threat meter.
I think the real advantage to having a paladin tank this is the front-load. Getting the mis-direct, Avenger's Shield (~700), Exorcism (~900), and Judgement of righteousness (~600) is about ~4000 threat plus whatever misdirect gives, all before the boss even gets to me. This gives the DPS the opportunity to unload almost instantly, the faster this guy dies the better.
_________________
