Skip to content
Maintankadin

Suggestions for Hyjal

Rated
Tue Nov 27, 2007 7:14 am

Suggestions for Hyjal

Hey everyone (hopefully I posted in the right place this time, lol)

Last night we had our first attempt at Hyjal. i was quite excited considering it is the one place I wanted to see the most in BC; almost as cool as Naxx.

The rage fight was pretty GG ezmode. Tanking the adds was the easiest thing I have ever done....pretty fun sustaining 3k threat or more, lol.

But my question is for anyone who has had experience with the 2nd boss in Hyjal, Anetheron. The adds are, of course from strats, pretty much the same as Rage. Question: Should I tank the banshees as well or let them be CCed and just pull my mob of death further away from them. Last night I was tanking pretty much everything. It is a very simple fight but just asking for some general comments and strats. (If you wanted to know, rage was 1 shot and Anetheron got lucky at 1% due to some very very very very bad luck with DCs. He was at 1%, almost dead, hit someone and BAM....stupid aura healed him and GG)

Another question is about Seal of Blood. If I am tanking a single target, should I be used SOB more then SOR? Not only would it increase my mana from being healed more due to life loss, but does it do more damage? I havent experimented with it yet, but I was going to in some 5 or 10 mans.

Thanks everyone for your help Smile


PS: Where can I get a nifty sig block....
_________________
Iliria
Tue Nov 27, 2007 9:21 am
From my experience...it really doesn't matter what seal you're using while tanking that trash, if you're tanking most of the ghouls/crypt fiends each wave you're going to stay topped off on mana, so you don't need wisdom. I guess if your melee dps is on a target you're tanking you might as well use SoR/JoR on that mob just to make sure it stays plastered to you. Normally we have the other tanks pick up banshees and melee work them down, they try to tank them in the giant CF of aoe thats going on around me, but it really isn't important seeing as their spell ward goes off every few seconds and absorbs something like 100k spell damage.
_________________
Stylaan
Tue Nov 27, 2007 9:26 am
SoW is probably the most beneficial AoE tanking seal as mana gains cause AoE threat.
_________________
Afraithe
Tue Nov 27, 2007 9:42 am
Well grats on getting there, it will go from "pew pew ownage fun stuff" to "omg i hate these waves BOOOORING" quite fast. I had T4 when I started tanking these mobs, that was a bit of a challenge, nowdays its easymode.

This is how I AOE tank in MH.

* Stand behind MT, he always aggros first.
* Holy Wrath or straight up Concecrate (low rank concecrate if many Abominations to allow for the warriors to pick them up)
* Once I have my aoe group, I start maxing concecration, tab targets, judge (SoR/JoR), tab, exorcism, melee for a while on the 3rd mob, then keep tabing, judge, exorcism etc.
* All this while keeping holy shield up as much as possible.
* Watch for mobs walking away from you, ready to taunt them back or cast exorcism on them if CD is up.

Rinse and repeat, and hopefully don't fall asleep.
_________________
Iliria
Tue Nov 27, 2007 11:48 am
Good call on SoW there...aoe threat = win for that, stupid overzealous destruction locks...
_________________
Worldie
Wed Nov 28, 2007 3:29 am
It's quite interesting that while it is funny for the first couple of times, those trashs with a tankadin become so damn easy that they actually get boring for us, while probably they get funny for the AoErs since they can just nuke everything.
_________________

Eeva
Fri Nov 30, 2007 7:22 am
I do the Holy Wrath thing and consecrate thing. Once the second consecrate is down, I judge Wis or Light on a mob and then just auto attack with a recasted seal for regen that I need most. Depending on the pack of course. JoW and Seal of Wisdom is nice on the packs with the Mana burning fel hunters.
_________________