Skip to content
Maintankadin

I am a moron

Mouse
Sun Jan 20, 2008 9:31 pm

I am a moron

kael down......I chose the wrong hyjal ring in haste. Am I screwed?
_________________
EnsgnBlack <Skulled> Gurubashi
70 BE Prot Pally

Mousetasche <Skulled> Gurubashi
70 Destruction Lock
Knaughty
Sun Jan 20, 2008 11:07 pm
In six months once you're Exalted you can (probably) change it, same as the other rep rings.

And there are no better rings in-game for a block set - highest block value, OK effective block rating.

It has the highest defence rating of any ring, which also helps a ton when you're trying to hit the defence cap while in resist gear.

It's pretty damn good for a standard tanking set as well - the exalted version is over over 0.5% each of block/parry/dodge/miss, for just over 1.5% pure avoidance and 0.5% block.

43 stam is nothing to sneeze at either - there's only 3 rings in-game with more, and two of those are only 45 instead of 43.

The proc is slightly annoying, I'd rather have a flat 200 armour than 800 armour with a 15 second duration, 1 min hidden cooldown. Then again, it''l proc early on AE pulls, which is handy.

Next closest for a block value set are the 3rd chest timed event ring from ZA and the trash drop from TK.

Seventh Ring of the Tirisfalen - TK trash - http://www.wowhead.com/?item=30028

Signet of the Last Defender - 3rd timed chest, ZA - http://www.wowhead.com/?item=33499

Contact a GM, and if that doesn't work, start practising ZA. If you have KT down, 3rd chest is achievable.
_________________
Worldie
Mon Jan 21, 2008 12:27 am
Takes way less than 6 months to get exhalted for Hyjal, we do it since 1 month and half and i'm near to Exhalted already (10k rep to go or something like that).


Just ask a GM tbh, some in our guild did same error and got it replaced.
_________________

Mouse
Mon Jan 21, 2008 1:20 am
since the option to replace at exalted exists, the GM said he couldnt help me. /sigh

Ok supremus...better drop your ring Razz
_________________
EnsgnBlack <Skulled> Gurubashi
70 BE Prot Pally

Mousetasche <Skulled> Gurubashi
70 Destruction Lock
Worldie
Mon Jan 21, 2008 2:24 am
You maybe got unlucky or wasnt enough convincing, cause one of our Shamans got his ring changed yesterday (he was resto, now he's enha and wanted to change it Surprised )
_________________

Invisusira
Mon Jan 21, 2008 8:13 am
Percistance is the key. Keep at it, eventually you'll probably get a GM who will help you.

Or you could be like my GM (guild master, that is) and be stuck with the wrong ring until you're exalted - he's a warlock and picked the melee AQ ring, and kept getting the same GM who said "Nope!"
_________________
armory | youtube | stuff
Gerilith
Mon Jan 21, 2008 9:32 am
I've been a healer and a game master changed it for me using a 6-weeks-cooldown, which seems to be for cases like these.
_________________

Cauze blizzard begins to let healing suck.
Larvez
Tue Jan 22, 2008 5:17 pm
As they said, keep trying, I choose the wrong ring too, picked up the spell damage ring. Luckily first GM I spoke to got me to delete the ring, abandon the upgrade quest and he reset it for me.

Added bonus, I got to keep the gold and the rep from the initial quest Very Happy
_________________
Maranus
Tue Jan 22, 2008 8:06 pm
one of my guildies got hacked and when they mailed him all of his stuff, he got another ring... even though he didn't lose the first one >.>
_________________

You know you want it! Ooorah /dance
Aalryn
Tue Jan 22, 2008 8:54 pm
I took the healing one at first.


I had to wait till exalted to switch mine Sad
_________________
Official tankadin of <The Core> Tichondrius

Old FFXI signatures are FTW. Miss my hot mithra
Worldie
Tue Jan 22, 2008 9:02 pm
That was the divine punishment for the red hairs.
_________________

Mouse
Tue Jan 22, 2008 9:11 pm
2 GMs have told me too bad, wait till exalted.

I was considering deleting it to see waht happens, but decided against it.

WTB 38k Hyjal rep PST.
_________________
EnsgnBlack <Skulled> Gurubashi
70 BE Prot Pally

Mousetasche <Skulled> Gurubashi
70 Destruction Lock