Skip to content
Maintankadin

Suggestions

Zsorn1
Sat Jan 26, 2008 4:33 pm

Suggestions

Greetings brothers and sisters of the protection realm.

About to start hyjal and wanted some assurance from some of you that have set your feet at the battle for mt hyjal.

This is my current link.
http://www.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Echo+Isles&n=Zsorn

I am going to change a few thing for hyjal trash.

Jungle Stompers
Pauldrons of Stone Resolve

Scarab of Displacement instead of Pocketwatch.

if my math is correct this will put me around 450 bv 30% block and 15k+hps and around 16500 armor unbuffed.

any suggestions for gear that I am missing?
Jensaarai
Sat Jan 26, 2008 4:38 pm
You could use more spell damage, especially if you're changing out your shoulders :/ but I'm sure you'll live. What's your dodge at when you change gear?

If your HP is ok and you're not close to dying a lot you might want to consider using a spell damage flask instead of fortification, as you'll have < 400 spell damage for that; my aoers like to go nuts, so I like to have 500-600.
_________________
Zsorn1
Sat Jan 26, 2008 4:48 pm
If my math is right it will be 20%.. I will be adding the dodge enchant to cloak. but I am going to be dropping to 15 parry when i take out the t5 shoulders

I am hoping to also have my t5 gloves by the time we get there but.. I will be dropping the spell damage enchant on what ever gloves I have at the time.

atm I am 15927 health unbuffed and I think I will only be loosing 2 stam if that from these items. So good chance I will pop spell damage flasks. and of course superior wizard oils.
Zsorn1
Sat Jan 26, 2008 5:00 pm
looks like loosing 2% dodge from pocketwatch.
gain .70 parry block dodge from scarab.
gain .60 dodge from enchant to cloak
loose 120 armor from enchant to cloak
loose .80 parry from t5 shoulders
gain 3.55 block from stone resolve
gain 3.55 block from jungle stompers.


loosing 11 stam with t5 gloves and 17 stam without t5 gloves.

so looks like

20 dodge
16 parry
30 block

15.7k health unbuffed.
450+ block value.
400 unbuffed spelldamage.
Worldie
Sat Jan 26, 2008 10:32 pm
Fine enough .
_________________

Jensaarai
Sun Jan 27, 2008 11:10 am
I just looked at your armory, if you have the Maiden neck, you might want to consider using it for the dodge.

I'd also heavily consider getting an Autoblocker from badges...Hyjal is the only place I use it, but it's friggin' awesome...use that instead of the scarab, try to stay over 20% dodge (your block is fine), if you're having trouble with aggro but not with dying use a spell damage flask, and have fun ^_^ watch out for knockdowns ^_-
_________________
Mithos
Mon Jan 28, 2008 5:27 am
Seems good, although as someone else mentioned above my AoE'rs like to go nuts so I use more spell dmg :p (yo don't AoE entire waves later on anywya, like you can do at the start). Huge block value isn't essential, you do actually want to regen some mana, but the autoblocker is a very good panic button when you need it, along with a +HP *on use* trinket.

Stats look fine though, good luck, and have fun being high on the damage meters :p.
_________________

QuantumDelta
Mon Jan 28, 2008 7:30 am
I'd say Azzy 6 is about the only way you can't AoE.
Bar Aerial and Infernal waves, but even those you can AoE if you ground and tank them all.
We heavily abuse AoE during Hyjal trash.
enbee
Mon Jan 28, 2008 9:51 am
2 tricks to be able to aoe wave 6 4th boss :

a) Shadowresgear on the palatank

b) banish a felhunter from wave 5 and keep the taurens on it till wave 6

Either way works
_________________

LoL, a paladin tank!
Worldie
Mon Jan 28, 2008 10:20 am
I Aoe the 6th wave since our day 1 on that.

I started with just SR greenies to get a good 300ish SR, run i, bubble, consecration, dispel bubble, call for AoE.
If you are Horde, it's completely easy mode with AoE silences/stuns spam.
If alliance, probably as well doable.

Nowadays with crafted SR gear from BT it's even easier since i don't have only 14k hp anymore Smile
_________________