Skip to content
Maintankadin

This is how I know Hyjal is easy.

Amran20
Fri Mar 14, 2008 11:42 pm

This is how I know Hyjal is easy.

My RL best friend, who has NEVER played a pally before, his highest character is level 62 warrior, who is TERRIBLE at warrior, decided that he wanted to try doing Hyjal waves like he's watched me do so many times in the past. So, naturally, I let him! I taught him how it works for the first couple waves, and yeah, he had some problems at first, like accidently bubbling cause its next to my consecrate (Yes, I live life on the edge), and let a couple people die before he clicked it off, but after that he really got going, and I was surprised.

So, after healing on Rage Winterloot, he tanked the Anetheron trash with surprising ease. I took over on Infernal tanking for Aneth, since thats kind of touchy/important. I figured he'd screw up tanking Kaz'rogal trash, but it was wave 8 of 8 before I knew it.

Anyway, long story short, he was able to tank not only all 4 bosses worth of trash, but also the Doomguards on Azgalor, with minimal training and supervision.

I feel like a trained monkey right now.... Crying or Very sad
_________________


If these numbers are low, I'm LOLRET.
Chevalier
Sat Mar 15, 2008 1:16 pm
I let a RL friend do the same...he also had no problem with the trash waves after I told him how to do it...I took over for the infernals on Anetheron as well...he is an inspiring tankadin (lvl 50) so I thought i'd give him a shot. I also had to write a paper. Razz

This game is not difficult in any way, Hyjai/BT is no more difficult than previous content, just has gear requirements.
_________________
Ulushnar
Sat Mar 15, 2008 1:36 pm
Here's the secret, and don't tell a soul...

Paladins are one of the easiest Tanking classes to play. Just keep up a decent Seal rotation, make sure you spam Holy Shield and use Consecrate as the situation allows. I've had friends who have played Ferals and Prot Warriors and after seeing me and respeccing their Pallies to Prot they confirm this.

That said, being a good Tankadin requires a lot more thought and theorycraft than playing a Warrior. It's more about strategic than tactical, or to quote Denzel, it's Chess, not Checkers.
_________________
Been Hacked - Lost mah Purplez

Sabindeus
Thu Apr 03, 2008 10:26 am
When it comes to pushing buttons, Paladins are easier than Warriors or Druids.

However, they are definitely more complex out of combat, in number crunching gear and such. Don't feel too bad, your friend would not have been able to tank well on your Paladin had you not done all the work beforehand for him.
_________________