Skip to content
Maintankadin

Illidari Council

Dorvan
Thu Apr 24, 2008 8:15 pm
One nice tip from our 2nd kill tonight. We use the typical BoP on the mage pull, and we misdirect the pally to whoever's tanking him, but I'm on my own for picking up the rogue. I found it helpful to activate seal of righteousness just *after* the pull, so that the buff aggro made the rogue head straight for me. Not a huge deal, but it just made my life slightly easier.
_________________
Dorvan
Fri Apr 25, 2008 7:28 am
@Dianora:

Targetting him has never been a problem for me, I just found that the buff aggro made the pull even easier because it makes Veras run straight to me instead of me having to run to him. Before I started using the buff aggro I would just run in and judge like your macro suggests

I definitely use a macro for picking him up out of vanishes:

/canceltarget
/target Veras
/cast Avenger's Shield

but I've been a little reluctant to use AS on the pull because of the risk of bouncing to the mage or something unfortunate like that. The buff has worked very consistently for the initial pull, thenI use AS the rest of the fight to pick up after vanishes.
_________________
sanctifico
Fri Apr 25, 2008 11:22 am
I still use AS, you can take a few hits from the pair, while the druid/warrior pulls it off.
_________________

Stats shown are unbuffed as of 28.04.08
Alorianna
Mon Apr 28, 2008 6:15 am
I use AS on the pull, I just don't cast RF till after I toss my shield.

Also I tank the priest (my guild runs 2 prot paladins, both very similarly geared). Moving her is a royal pain, but you can do so sometimes immediately following an interupt. Kicks and the like don't seem to lock out her holy school, just stop the cast. Look for her "Imma slap you" stance and try to back up at that point.
_________________
Janduin
Mon Apr 28, 2008 7:32 am
I just /use The Decapitator on the pull, solves all issues with Judgement range and AS grabbing other mobs. After that of course AS with JoB backup all the way, though I keep Decapitator equipped in case the magic shield is on the rogue when he reappears. Keeping the rogue on me > the small amount of avoidance I'd get using Suneater instead. It's not like the rogue tank is hard to heal anyway.

Edit: Sorry if this has been said before. I didn't reread the previous 10 pages before posting Smile
_________________
Dorvan
Mon Apr 28, 2008 10:27 am
As I said before....it's not a huge issue, as running in and dropping a judgment works fine. As least the way we do it, Gaithos gets MD'ed to a tank on the right as soon as the mage pulls, which is the absence of anything else means that the rogue is starting the fight running towards the right when I want him to be going to the left. Still not a problem to run up to him and get him going the right direction, but I like making him meet me halfway Razz
_________________