Skip to content
Maintankadin

Flames of Azzinoth tanking gear

Devilheals
Mon Jan 28, 2008 10:48 pm
On resistance fights I really appreciate having the Merciless gavel and Shield Wall

49 resilience(~1.2% uncrit) and 78 stam = win in my book.
_________________
Afraithe
Tue Jan 29, 2008 12:29 am
Don't worry to much about reaching uncrittable, maintain a decent HP and fire cap and you will be alright.
_________________
Questioner
Tue Jan 29, 2008 11:42 am
Signet of Eternal Life
http://www.wowhead.com/?item=33500

This ring seems to be exceptionally good for this set, as I am getting mine ready. Anybody see where I could be wrong?
_________________
<3 Tankadin at Heart.

Not necessarily accurate: Armory
Neuron
Wed Jan 30, 2008 11:50 am
the consecration libram is way better here than the repentance libram. the repentance libram provides you ZERO benefit here. in effect, any other libram would be better.

i like the consecration +47ish damage one for threat.

i would also add that crit immune is about equal with avoidance in terms of priority. its almost impossible to get crit immune after getting 365FR buffed without major sacrifices to other stuff unless you are in great gear, and the avoidance really helps smooth out the damage (counter-intuitively)
_________________
Elsie
Thu Jan 31, 2008 1:54 am
How does the Exalted libram stack up against the +47 consecrate damage one?

The exalted libram has a 50% chance on judgement to deal 480 damage over some time.
Farook
Tue Feb 05, 2008 8:30 pm
As we are getting closer and closer to this fight, I recently started to get prepared for it.

Would you say the following FR-set is acceptable for tanking the flame(s):

http://www.warcrafter.net/sandbox/25815?b=090E0G0P0V0k0w101Q1W1e1o

What are your thoughts about the Flamebane-set? Would you ever use it on this encounter, or is it a "no-go" for this level of raiding?
_________________
Kailyn
Fri Feb 08, 2008 6:10 pm
Roughly how much hp is a "decent" amount to have for this fight?

I've just finished getting my badge fire res set (my guild is hoping to kill Sharraz this week) and in normal gear I have around 19k hp fully buffed and wondering which enchants to put on my fire res gear (mainly +Def vs stamina.) I'm thinking about using my 2 stamina trinkets (losing around 2% avoidance) or would it be better to keep avoidance levels up?

I've never tanked in a resistance fight before, was holy when my guild was doing SSC so don't really know which stats are best to go for.
_________________
<Vision> Quel'thalas