Skip to content
Maintankadin

Supremus Bug for pally?

tackle
Wed Feb 20, 2008 6:53 am

Supremus

We have had enough weird issues with melee getting killed on this fight that we run 3 or 4 people in tank gear. It's not like the enrage timer is an issue. We treat the fight like VR and everyone with hp's stands on top of each other and spams for threat. (Yes I stand in the fire for mana all the time)
Dorvan
Wed Feb 20, 2008 9:47 am
One odd note from a particularly messy kill last night: if there's one one person in melee range (i.e. the tank) it appears that Supremus doesn't hateful strike at all....not that I think people should bother taking no melee DPS for him Razz
_________________
Dorvan
Wed Feb 20, 2008 10:38 am
Nevermind, looks like you're right....it's just that the Hateful Strike was only hitting for 7k on our bear tank and got dodged a lot as well Razz
_________________
Jikozani
Thu Feb 21, 2008 1:02 am
Had this problem as well a couple of times, where I was the melee with the highest hp yet he ignored me, but I believe it was more of a positioning bug than anything else. Running circles around him seemed to solve it.
_________________
Afraithe
Thu Feb 21, 2008 2:36 am
Had this problem sometimes, and sometimes not, kinda weird.

Might be cause you are not topped of fast enough, if he HS you, gets a parry and HS again, you might not be highest HP (your around 10k and the melee is around 10-11k).
_________________
sanctifico
Thu Feb 21, 2008 5:50 am
We make melee, declick, fort + kings and if needed remove a low stat item (neck/ring/ranged). Means theres a 3-4k buffer on the offtank, and he gets spammed with fol anyway
_________________

Stats shown are unbuffed as of 28.04.08
Questioner
Thu Feb 21, 2008 5:52 am
I've had this happen almost every other week. We put three tanks on him just to make sure our melee dps doesn't take hatefuls, and yet some weeks he just refuses to hit either of the tanks with hateful strike.
_________________
<3 Tankadin at Heart.

Not necessarily accurate: Armory
fuzzygeek
Thu Feb 21, 2008 10:25 am
I go in with the bear OT and we both generate threat on him; once the bear takes a HS the rest of melee moves in. I remember having issues with Patchwerk back in the day if melee moved in too quickly and displaced the HS tank on the threat list.
_________________
Splug
Thu Feb 21, 2008 11:08 am
Our kill this week featured a phase 1 where Supremus seemed to randomly cycle through all three tanks: we'd get a hateful strike, then he'd melee us for 2-3 seconds, hateful strike the next tank, melee him for 2-3 seconds, rotate to the third tank, etc. We weren't really sure who the MT was the whole time, ended up just calling damage on and rolling with weird damage on all three of us. If hateful strike adds a decent amount of threat, it may have just been that all three of us were fairly close on threat, and the threat boost from hateful pushed us over the 110% mark.

Also, I've been told that throwing rose petals from the Valentine's Day event on Supremus is worth a laugh, and felt I should share that.

-Splug
_________________
(Usually) Prot warrior: http://www.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Illidan&n=Splug