Skip to content
Maintankadin

Gurtogg bloodboil

Rand
Mon May 26, 2008 5:40 am
Yesterday happened to me a really strange thing.

I was tanking Gurtogg, and I was the first tank. At about 14-15 debuff I bubbled.

And till now is all ok Wink

At the end of the bubble, Gurtogg, immediately turn again on me Shocked .
On KTM, my threat was not resetted. But ok, no more debuff so I could tank him again.
Again at 14-15 debuff I used bless of prot on me ... Gurtogg never left me.

Finally I could take the second position on tanking. Phase change. I was the third in aggro .... Phase change .... and Gurtogg again on me Shocked

Anyone can try to explain why nor bubble nor protection dropped from me the aggro?

Thanks in advance Wink
Enkal
Mon May 26, 2008 5:43 am
bubbles doesnt drop aggro, it just freezes aggro. If the other tanks cant catch up with you during your bubble you will regain aggro.

From what you wrote it looks like you werent matching threat with the other 2 tanks.
_________________
Elsie
Mon May 26, 2008 7:04 am
Whatever you guys do, don't use double threat trinkets on this boss. I tried it out and ended up tanking 95% to 2%.
Seloei
Mon May 26, 2008 9:54 pm
sounds like a case of bad luck enkal, with the other tanks getting knocked/disoriented as soon as the phase swap was out, if you had higher threat and were in melee range than them, he will swap back. If you get a BoP then move away out of melee range and hopefully he will go after someone else
_________________
Worldie
Tue May 27, 2008 1:13 am
KTM has always been a big failure, and even Omen is sometimes inaccurate on this fight, don't excessively trust them.
_________________

Mialina
Wed May 28, 2008 10:15 pm
Didn't have time to read all the posts, sorry if this tactic is a re-run, but here's how I tank / off-tank BB:

First of all, you need to get the first bloodboil on you. This is crucial for the initial burst you'll make so you can regain mana fast (chain drinking mana pots works too but I'm much the type to use what the environment offers first Smile ) . I'm usually the second tank so as soon as the MT grabs him I judge crusader and start stacking vengeance on him. Use consecration, pop wrath, judge 5 stack vengeances and use avenger's shield to burst him when MT has 5-6 debuffs, so I have him on me pretty quick. I usually try to keep the 5 vengeance stacks on him during his fel rage so I can keep up with the other tanks if he's not on me after the rage (but make sure to run back the last 5 secs of fel rage Smile )
We also use hunters to MD our lowest tank to catch up with the other two (we use 3 tanks as our dps is pretty high), but usually thats not me Smile
Ah, btw, if you have the Ashtongue trinket, it is a huge help with offtanking, that 120 holy dmg / 2 secs is pretty good, and procs a lot in my experience Smile
_________________
Snake-Aes
Fri May 30, 2008 11:39 am
THROTTLING THREAT SUCKS!
On this biatch I don't even use threat trinkets / food / elixirs anymore, and I still get to tank him fully till stack 15 then again before I lose aggro for real.
2 ranks of consecration, stop judging and still it's usually too late into the fight for the others to even try >.> wtb moar misdirects.
_________________
Chiv
Quidquid latine dictum sit altum videtur (Anything said in Latin seems deep)
.'>';