Skip to content
Maintankadin

Trashs

Aramadin
Fri Mar 28, 2008 2:41 am
Hi,

i just entered BT for the first time and figured we get some pratice on the trash with the soothsayers and generals.

Now i can safely say i got horribly fucked up. I grab both generals and try to LoS them with 2 healers on me and have another tank pick up what ever and CC the rest, but usually a general manages to get a free friend off and break cc ending up in me having a soothsayer on me usualyl resulting in me getting insta gibbed for some reason.

Can anyone explain the abilities on these mobs and how to deal with these packs properly?
Worldie
Fri Mar 28, 2008 8:53 am
Generals do a shout that will dispel CC from one of the mobs and make it immune for some seconds. It will also greatly boost their atk-cast speed.

Tank em far away.

We usually have 2 other tanks on generals down in the slope, i'm up and grab aggro from every mob so if they break CC they turn on me and don't aoe the raid.
_________________

Enkal
Fri Apr 04, 2008 8:32 am
Those minielementals just after Naj'entus are easy pie. I go into the doorway, cast my frisbee, consecrate. All ranged stay at 30+ yards (so they dont get hit by the poison volleys) and all smart melee DPS hang back and slack. Those that run in will die of course. Razz

As you already understood, all melee DPS die in that pull. Wink
_________________
Jikozani
Sat Apr 05, 2008 12:11 am
I didn't know where to put this, for I searched and found no preexisting threads. I think it's interesting, especially after the recent debate on uncrittability.

Much to my surprise yesterday while clearing thrash on the way to the illidari council I saw a crit popping up on my screen. So I checked to make sure what gear I was wearing then went to my log and took a screenie



Then I checked the wws report of the day and found that I had taken a total of 8 crits from thrash mobs. And I can assure you, I was running with 505 defense on the thrash. I realised I have never noticed crits before but this could very well be cause I haven't tanked those Illidari Assasins before. I 'd guess they have added crit% ? Amazingly enough we didn't wipe btw.
_________________
Levantine
Sat Apr 05, 2008 3:06 am
TRASH
_________________
Caelestrasz
Rinforza - 70 Holy Priest
Levie - 21 Ret Paladin

Morokute nigai kajitsu no you ni
Hito no kokoro wo miryou suru no
Worldie
Sat Apr 05, 2008 3:14 am
Don't worry, those specific mobs have higher crit chance. They crit my 550 defense quite often actually.
_________________