Skip to content
Maintankadin

Flames of Azzinoth tanking gear

Worldie
Fri Feb 08, 2008 7:13 pm
Both our flame tanks run with 17-19k HP which seemb pretty decent to me.
_________________

sanctifico
Tue Feb 19, 2008 7:38 am
I think my gear leaves me at 296Resistance, 488Defence & 18.5K hp 23%dodge, 17%parry and 15%block (removed allmost all my block crap).

I'll be going through it tonight, because our first tries are due next reset Oo.
_________________

Stats shown are unbuffed as of 28.04.08
sanctifico
Tue Feb 19, 2008 3:14 pm
thats without ofc :p
_________________

Stats shown are unbuffed as of 28.04.08
Averroes
Sun Apr 13, 2008 2:22 pm
This is what I have unbuffed.

305 FR(w/o FR aura)
436 defense
13537 HP (Note I don't have the 40 stam leg enchant yet nor the 12 stam boot enchant either)
319 spell damage

Do you guys think this is good enough before getting any buffs or what?
_________________

05/21/08 Done with WoW.
http://www.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Destromath&n=Agravaine
Worldie
Sun Apr 13, 2008 2:35 pm
You are not uncrittable.

Get uncrittable.
_________________

Worldie
Sun Apr 13, 2008 3:57 pm
- 15 resilience on chest
- replace one trinket with the trinket from Exhalted KoT which gives stam and resilience
- replace the meta in the helm with a 12 defense one, or the ssoe with a enduring talasite

Then you should be uncrittable adding a Flask of Fortification.
Else you might want to replace helm enchant, and get the KoT one instead of 20 FR, and cap FR with a Flask of Chromatic Wonders.

Also, enchant legs and boots if you plan to use em Smile



Yes you can be lucky without uncrittabilty, but just a crit toghether with a unresisted hit, gg oneshotted tank.
_________________

Morganim
Wed Apr 16, 2008 1:10 am
From my experience

Cap FR
Stack stamina (you want 19k buffed or close to it)
Stack +dmg

Uncrittable isnt a big issue, ive never been uncrittable (and taken a couple for sure) but there resisted so badly that its never been more than 7k-8k
_________________
Worldie
Wed Apr 16, 2008 5:07 am
It just reminded me of our warlock tank yesterday dying for a 8k nuke. He had 400 SR.

Having capped SR doesn't mean you will resist everything. Being crittable as flametank is playing casino. Sure it's unlikely that you get a unresisted crit, but if that happens, how are you going to explain that to the healers?
_________________

Afraithe
Wed Apr 16, 2008 6:51 am
I have never seen or died to a crit (but I do not think their flame melee hits show up as (Critical) in the logs), or died any time from damage done purely by the elementals. In the 3-4 months we have farmed it the only thing that has killed me have been the beam 2-3 times and a few flame enrages.

The fire res gear I have is a lot better now than when I first started, but I'm still around 10 def from uncrittable.
_________________