Skip to content
Maintankadin

Does a Tankadin make a big difference in BT?

Worldie
Fri Feb 01, 2008 1:15 pm
That's just being objective. I love my guild, and love even more when they "defend" their choice of having me on Illidan even if my gear is worse than our Main Tank's.

I'm sad for the rest of the people, not for myself. We everyday read stories of tankadins told "u suck" just because they have a mana bar.
_________________

QuantumDelta
Fri Feb 01, 2008 1:55 pm
Well, whilst I had a period as the MT and was distinctly the best geared tank, that's passed, the wars have caught up with me: http://avadkp.servehttp.com/dkp/listmembers.php?s=

I've been passing loot, quite a lot, and bidding reasonable amounts as not to muscle the wars outta DKP (read: If I do overbid them and I am gonna pass: they get it for what they bid for it, etc).

Finally within the last few weeks the wars have caught up with me (Tanks as Ashran/Nick), and whereas the difference was noticeable but not critical before there is no noticeable difference now.

I've been encouraging them and teaching them as best I can, but the guild is genuinely well educated, some of our members are easily of the level of the best theorycrafters here, but for their own classes.
A few are multi-class knowledgeable on a communal level.
I don't campaign for my spot, haven't in a long time.
Every time I skip a raid the guild goes emo, BT or Hyjal ;\

Edit: And since I took up tanking all I am is a support RL ^^
Tyaera
Mon Apr 07, 2008 10:24 pm
You were brought to tier 5 content because you were a tankadin.

You will only be brought to BT if you are a good tank as well. A good tank is a good tank whether they're a paladin, warrior, or druid.
_________________
better to tank in hell than DPS in heaven
Stroja
Tue Apr 08, 2008 5:41 am
Very true. And if your guild recognizes that they have a good tank, they'll put you to use rather than sidelining you. My initial venture into BT with an old guild resulted in me standing around for most pulls with everything CCed or having a warrior/bear on it.

New guild, new strategy - if it can possibly be AoE tanked, it is. Druids go kitty and the mages just blow stuff up. We clear trash faster and everybody has more fun in the process. I also find I'm not often in healing gear, except for Naj'entus. Gorefiend, I either tank him or wear loldps gear and spam Cleanse. Everything else, I'm in a tanking role.

I doubt I could get out of clearing BT trash or a boss encounter if I wanted to (well, maybe Naj'entus, but I want my boots, dammit).
_________________
Slamdorff
Tue Apr 08, 2008 6:03 am
I'm not the best geared tank in guild, but we are 4 (2 warriors, 1 bear + me) very close to each other.

After a few wipes on Supremus I told RL I would be a better choice - front loading threat and easier pickups after phase 2. I got the job - and we killed him in first try. Healing leader said I was far easier to heal, and we didn't loose anyone after phase 2.

We were all happy and I felt pallytanking made a difference in BT:)
That was before reading this thread - the less you know, the better.
_________________
Worldie
Tue Apr 08, 2008 4:49 pm
You can basically aoetank
1) gorefiend trashs (even the caster groups as long as they are faced away from raid)
2) supremus' trash
3) bloodboil trashs (have other tanks chaintaunt 1 whirlwinding mob and sheep the other one)
4) shahraz trashs
5) melee mobs on council trashs altho i don't recommend it (u'd be chainstunned)
_________________

enbee
Wed Apr 09, 2008 6:51 am
you can aoetank everything in bt apart from the hydross type mobs on the way to naj as they will fucking own you.
And the ww guys on the way to RoS/BB, they have to be sheeped, but you can aoe the rest of the pack ;>

Everything is basicly aoeable with a few sheeps here and there
_________________

LoL, a paladin tank!
Worldie
Tue Apr 22, 2008 6:38 am
You don't *need* NR but you are going to get fucking owned if not spamhealed without.
_________________