Skip to content
Maintankadin

Reliquary of Souls

Enkal
Mon May 05, 2008 2:41 am
The tank in question is our Tank officer so my choices are rather limited. Sad

I dont know enough about warrior tank builds to give any pointers, just saw that she had 5 points in improved crit (middle tree) and only 1pt in 1h spec. Looked weird to me.
_________________
Enkal
Wed May 07, 2008 4:55 am
Finally the interupters managed to stay sharp during ph2 and we reached ph3 a couple of times last night. It seems I'm the choosen MT for ph3 now, no explanation or anything lol.

First time we got him to 45-50% and then I died because 2/3 MT healers were casting FoL.... Rolling Eyes I think the aura was ticking at 1.4k at that point, not sure what it normally ticks for near death for you ppl?

Didnt have any problems with aggro and had a healthy threat lead by then.
_________________
Mortehl
Wed May 07, 2008 5:10 am
Enkal, you need to talk things through with your healers in advance.

I wear a very specific gearset for that fight which includes 2 pieces of leftover tier 5 (shoulders and legs) that are gemmed/enchanted for +spell damage. I wear a caster neck and the icon of the silver crescent (Thank you Dorvan for that tip) with my other trinket being an hp trinket (commendation).

What it boils down to is that you need significant healing especially once you pass into the 50% point of the phase. The upside is that there is no need for a taunt/challenging shout/mocking blow rotation which is what warriors need to do since block value doesn't scale the way spell damage does during the phase.

Also, as long as you're prepared to use mid rank consecrates and holy shields, you'll be fine. I recommend you use your max rank seal of righteousness though. Open the fight with a destro/wing/JoR (no time for shield toss I've found) and before you know it, you have 40k threat on the rest of the raid. My mages and locks salivate for this phase because it is really the one time where they can go truly omfg balls out from the moment the mob appears. Nobody watches threat here since as long as everyone has salve, theyre not coming close to me.
_________________
I r can pull now plz?
Enkal
Wed May 07, 2008 5:20 am
Yea, I normally expect healers/DPS to read tactics posted on our forums first. Rolling Eyes The mana draining part only hit me for like 2k but I think it was because my rotation was a bit out of sync with the soul scream timer.

What happened was that 1 healer spammed HL but could only keep me at about 50% health and he wondered why I never topped out. I had 3 pallies but I got more heals from a chaining shaman than one of the pallies lol

I used T4 shoulder + hat for extra threat. Think I ran with 640 SD or so. 18-19k health as well as 27% dodge.

Well RoS will go down next week I'm sure! Cool
_________________
Worldie
Wed May 07, 2008 6:52 am
Just be warned, don't excessively nerf your mitigation for threat.

6-700 total spelldamage is fine. Screw pure avoidance, stack block rating, that is good for BOTH p1 and p3. In P3 you want to get hit, not to avoid, for both HS threat and simply mana return.

Don't be afraid to ask a Innervate. I usually can get all the innervates from druids in raid during this phase, it's not like anyone is going to go oom in 90 seconds of fight anyway.
_________________

Seloei
Sun May 18, 2008 3:54 pm
So ugh... confused... Is it even possible to remain uncrushable as a paladin during p1?
The gear (which i logged out in) is what i use on ros p1 and frankly, he just hits me non-stop even with it. It's highly +dodge/block rating but still not enough and was wondering... what am i doing wrong in that part :/

Oh err... we are still trying to get this going and having probs with "overzealous locks" in p2 but... what to do about p1 to make it even easier? Quite often it ends up with all 3 tanks being almost dead and the 2 rogues also after it's over, if one of them hasn't died already.

Things i've been tryign to get ahold of are the friggin rare za shield/shoulders/ring to get ~12% more uncrushable but with the BR libram and the gear i logged out in, i was still only at 40% of it last night.
_________________
Lakirby
Sun May 18, 2008 4:18 pm
I don't think it is possible to be uncrushable during p1. The gear I'm in on armory at the moment is what I'm wearing in p1 - and p3 if my RL sees the light and decides to let me tank p3. I simply went for mixing block value gear with some avoidance, and a healthy amount of stamina. I hit the Gnomeregan Auto-Blocker trinket at the start of my stint tanking p1, and I take much less damage than our other tanks do.
_________________



<Shadows of Eternity> - Kilrogg EU - 5/5 MH 7/9 BT
Worldie
Mon May 19, 2008 9:45 am
In fact if you got Redoubt, it's so fucking awesome on RoS p1.
_________________