Skip to content
Maintankadin

Illidan Stormrage

Worldie
Tue May 06, 2008 9:38 am
Mmm i do on my computer but need to reupload it.

Will do it in the evening.
_________________

Drak
Thu May 08, 2008 10:12 am
My Fire res set consists of:

- FR Neck from Cipher of Damnation chain
- FR Ring from TK Attunement
- Full Badge FR Set (Legs have 20 FR enchant, Chest has 15 resil, boots have 12 stam, gloves would have threat but im lazy)
- Spare pair of tank goggles gemmed the same as my main set but with 20 FR enchant

The rest of my slots are my normal tank gear, though I sometimes have to play around with it to maintain uncrittable.
_________________
Splug
Thu May 08, 2008 11:07 am
To be honest, the damage the flames do from attacking is like... the least of your problems. The occasional crit isn't a big deal here, just because the primary media of damage is the fire blast/blaze/demon fire. In a normal encounter, the melee attacks are the primary source of tank damage - thus mitigating those and reducing the potential for their burst is a major goal. It's not the case here, though it's still nice if you can get crit immunity without sacrificing much anyway.

-Splug
_________________
(Usually) Prot warrior: http://www.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Illidan&n=Splug
Tekkel
Sun May 11, 2008 3:14 pm
Hmm got into a discussion with our warrior MT tonight. He thinks that my holy shield is magical and won't work on the shear ability. He even says that if there's no warrior around he rather has the druid tank over me because the druid has more pure evasion to dodge shear.
I gave up on the discussion wether shear would or would not hit me when my holy shield is up after he said that.
Loads of bullshit about full and partial blocks and that a warrior fully blocks the shear and I would only do it partially and thus make it hit me unless i'd be lucky do dodge/parry/miss it.

I mean how can u say u fully block a hit from illidan when u only mitigate the hit partially because it does more dmg then your BV. He says shear doesn't deal damage and doesn't eat up a shield block charge. Meaning that even 0 block value on gear would still give u enough BV from your shield to make shear not hit u if u have the needed amount of miss/dodge/block/parry. I guess it's 107.4% if u keep calculating miss in.
I don't care he tanks illidan when he's around but saying a druid will allways be tanking it over me because he has a better change to avoid shear made me cry.

Any of u people that have tanked him can fully explain how the paladin will do his work on this boss so I might have a chance to convice him.
Tekkel
Mon May 12, 2008 7:06 am
Right tried that out and I can reach the marker. Thought shear would only calculate the 5% base miss extra. Anyway it involves stacking some more tier5 gear because I lack some tier6 upgrades to reach it with my tier6 items. Makes me lose around 1k hp I'm affraid but unless I get some more drops that'll be the way if I ever tank it.
Worldie
Mon May 12, 2008 8:21 am
Don't forget to take the Libram of Repentance from the bank Razz
_________________

Vandril
Mon May 12, 2008 12:49 pm
And keep it for Sunwell Rolling Eyes
_________________