Skip to content
Maintankadin

Black Temple - Shade of Akama

Dorvan
Tue Apr 08, 2008 7:53 pm
meh, we usually do it with 4 because we often happen to have 4 tanks lying around. Prot Pally on one side, 2 other tanks on the other, and 1 tank for the defenders....I'm sure we could do it with 3 tanks, but it works for us.
_________________
Eneroth
Fri Apr 11, 2008 10:02 am
As of now, and the best method my guild has found for us is this. I tank one side, including all the mobs that spawn from there. The other sides uses two tanks, normal a prot warrior and a feral druid. One of them runs and gets any missed mobs of theirs. When we can start attacking Akama, I just stay on my side, cause at that point I have around 8 mobs or so on me.
_________________
Snake-Aes
Fri Apr 11, 2008 10:13 am
That's pretty much it for me too. By the end I have one pack of adds and maybe a couple defenders or whatever they're called. Shade tends to die with Akama at 30% for us
_________________
Chiv
Quidquid latine dictum sit altum videtur (Anything said in Latin seems deep)
.'>';
Dianora
Thu Apr 24, 2008 7:53 pm
After my failure a couple of weeks back, I cam back to do this boss the past 2 weeks. Is it my imagination or is tanking the side really easy? I watch our other tank on the other side struggle to grab the side, while I just shield and grab the mobs. It does help that I fixed my targeting macro.
_________________
Worldie
Fri Apr 25, 2008 2:52 am
Tanking sides for a paladin is ridicolously easy.

Actually, if u wanted to "minmax" this fight, u'd bring 3 prot pallies :>
_________________

Warrender
Fri Apr 25, 2008 4:37 am
Avenger's Shield makes this so ridiculously easy for us.
_________________
Worldie
Fri Apr 25, 2008 11:37 am
Nah, i AoEtanked them last week since i heard they fixed it, and did have no troubles, none of the Defenders even looked away from me for a istant.


They definitively fixed it.
_________________

Worldie
Fri Apr 25, 2008 2:21 pm
Actually some do. For sure felmyst one does.
_________________

Worldie
Thu May 01, 2008 11:55 am
Done it again few seconds ago, i confirm that they fixed the holy damage "bug" and paladin can easily tank the Defenders.
_________________

Worldie
Thu May 01, 2008 12:09 pm
Depends, for us it doesn't really matter who does sides, we just roll since warrior and bears like to do em more than defenders (i have to admit that tanking defenders is even more boring than tanking rogue on Council, u just stand there and spam... nothing, u passively hold aggro by melee attacks lol)
_________________

sanctifico
Fri May 02, 2008 11:20 am
BoSanct + AFK.
_________________

Stats shown are unbuffed as of 28.04.08