Skip to content
Maintankadin

Teron Gorefiend

Mortehl
Wed May 07, 2008 4:21 am
On the first of every month, 200 ancient lichen and 300 motes of earth get handed to a pot specced alchemist and that covers... me.

Abuse these things like no tomorrow.
_________________
I r can pull now plz?
Worldie
Wed May 07, 2008 6:49 am
I used to buy them by myself, recently the prices of Ancient Lichens on our server got so ridicolous (meh, i bet that Last Resort's tanks ninjaed 99% of them from AH ><) that i had to ask gbank help to keep having Ironshields for both me and the only prot warrior in the guild.
_________________

Amarant_Pally
Wed May 07, 2008 4:05 pm
Well, like I said earlier, neither of us are in the habit of using Iron/Stone-pots. We've never used them, on any progression fight. I'm not debating, or questioning, their usefulness.

But considering if he and I *had* used them, I feel the healers' "results" would have been the same. So, it seems a lose/lose situation for me.

A similar thing happened with me tanking Kael (when he was still progression for us). We had 3 attempts where I was going to tank him. First 2 attempts, we never even got *to* Kael. 3rd attempt, I (admittedly) mess-up once with avoiding Pyro. I get called down from tanking, and the try after, we win. Sad Granted my failure caused that one, and now I'm just rambling about my frustrations w/ Pally-tanking (a whole other issue).

So...this might seem a bit n00bish of me, but what is WWS? And where can I get it? I've heard/read about it before, but to my knowledge, no one uses it in my guild (we're a very lax raiding guild; on a server that had 3 guilds break into BT/MH only weeks before 2.4 patch [my guild included]). Perhaps, if I have another shot at other bosses, I can illustrate to them the actual damage differences between me and the Warrior. So far, I've only been able to convince them at me tanking Leothoras and RoS-P3 on a regular basis.

(Oh, I'm sorry if this overall post de-railed the main topic, so...yeah.)
Tekkel
Fri May 16, 2008 6:24 am
Finally had a shot at this boss. Ran some tps calculators and wws views accross it and doing 1100tps without getting crushed which seems pretty nice compared to our warrior with an average of 15 crushes per fight that does between 1050 and 1150 tps.

Probably will still be dispel bitch if the warrior is around but it's nice showing u can tank it properly.
Worldie
Fri May 16, 2008 5:53 pm
1025 tps on progression is even too much i'd say.
_________________

Worldie
Sat May 17, 2008 3:50 am
If your threat bars look like this for 3/4 of the fight:
[--------------------------------] You
[---------------] Your best DPS

Then yes, switch out some aggro for more mitigation, there's no need to overtps, you just need 101% of the DPS aggro in order to tank, no need for absurd numbers.

Assuming you just entered BT with your guild (progression, you said) i don't think you'd have people pushing 2k+ DPS, most likely you will have people in between 1000 and 1500 DPS, that's fine with 900ish TPS.

Obviously my point doesn't stand if you got exceptional DPS riding your threat line.
_________________

Slamdorff
Sat May 17, 2008 6:19 am
We agree then I'm sure.
Top 4 dps in last raid (all locks btw) are all above 1400 DPS - one pushing 1800.

I'll stick with the 1000 TPS while tanking:)

Thx a lot.
_________________
Worldie
Thu May 29, 2008 10:32 am
3% damage to his party
_________________