Skip to content
Maintankadin

Teron Gorefiend

dhan619
Wed Sep 26, 2007 10:53 pm

Teron Gorefiend

My guild master and I got into a discussion about my performance and was proposing that he may use me to main tank Teron Gorefiend (me being a new recruit to the guild looking for tanks).

I'm wondering if anybody out there has ever tanked Teron Gorefiend before.

This fight looks pretty much straight forward for me. The reason he said he may use me for this fight was because of my ability to maintain insane amounts of threat and this having to be a DPS race with no slacking on the DPS whatsoever.

Hits for about only 6-7k melee and 9-10k crushing... so seems fairly manageable considering that I'm at 14.4kHP unbuffed.
_________________
Danielhan
<Grandeur>
Server: Muradin

Amran20
Wed Sep 26, 2007 11:43 pm
Well, 14.4 should turn into what, close to 20K with BP and Challenging Shout and raid buffs? I'd say you could probably tank him, considering for the MT he's pretty much tank n' spank, as far as I read the strat. I'd say your chances are pretty good.
_________________


Dark Serenity's tankadin for life.
enbee
Thu Sep 27, 2007 12:20 am
I specced ret when we downed gorefiend -_-, He seems pretty tankable by a paladin though. And even though he is a slowhitter him being undead will make up for the HS threatloss, a paladin can probably squeeze out more singletarget tps on here then a warrior, but only just, then again a shieldwall/last stand are really good here, since the healers are put under more&more pressure the longer the fight takes, and the mt being able to need no healing for the last 10% is a huge help.

Anyways, if you're the bestgeared tank in your guild (mainly highest hp/armour/blockvalue !) go for it and gl.
_________________

LoL, a paladin tank!
Dorvan
Sat Nov 17, 2007 12:10 pm
I've deleted all the posts relating to one paladin/guild's experience as this is a strategy forum and they offer no strategy insights. Posts offering suggestions on the Teron Gorefiend fight have been left alone.
Worldie
Tue Nov 20, 2007 10:50 am
I'm going to MT him for the first time today...

Just wanted to ask if my stats look good enough or i should push something:
21% dodge
16% parry
31% block
15700 HP (or 15400 if i use the new shield for 1k more armor)
421 spelldamage
16000 armor (or 16800 with the new shield)

All this unbuffed and unflasked.
_________________

Splug
Tue Nov 20, 2007 2:10 pm
That should be fine, though I'd recommend trading the 300 hp for 800 armor. If all else is equal, you're looking at dropping your incoming damage 2-3%, which should more than compensate for the hp lost if you crunch out the numbers for effective health. 95%+ of his damage to the tank is physical, so I wouldn't worry about the 300 hp you've lost relative to a shadow bolt or something. Moreover, it's just that much less mana consumed over the course of the fight.

And of course, any time you're tanking something for the first time, especially a heavy frontload boss like Gorefiend, be ready to spam ironshields. I can't see mana being a problem with the amount of melee damage he'll put in (and resulting healing), but I've only ever tanked him with my warrior so I could be wrong.

Good luck! =)

-Splug
_________________
(Usually) Prot warrior: http://www.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Illidan&n=Splug
Worldie
Tue Nov 20, 2007 3:57 pm
I spammed Ironshields for the whole fight ofc, thats what guildbanks are for Smile
I had also ended up by preferring the Illidari Runeshield to the Aldorei Legacy cause of more armor, since i lost just about 400 HP in change of 30 block value and 800 armor.
Raidbuffed i had more than 21k HP so more than enough. Still AD saved me 21 times according to that nice addon.

We got him down to 15%, too bad that then a mage forgot to have the debuff and died midraid Sad

The Shadowpriests and the DPS war were amazed by my threat lead and by being able to go fullout from the start. Healers did not complain about heals, except that they pointed out that he hits like a truck (which was already know).
Mana wasn't really a issue, i never got less than 97% mana due to the heavy spam of heals i was receiving, and well, he really hits like a truck, 5-9k regular melee is kinda ouch. I don't even want to imagine what does a crushing do...


Oh well, maybe next reset if our MT allows me to (he wasn't here today)

Thrashs were fun also, we almost ended up with AoEing them down cuz we were bored to CC.


Was it me or this fight looks much like "kill him before he decimates your raid"?
_________________

fiorina
Tue Nov 20, 2007 4:14 pm
<deleted>

Don't drink and post
Ancient Chinese wisdom
Worldie
Tue Nov 20, 2007 4:45 pm
Hihi idd i was wondering what Fel Rage was on that fight Wink


However, luckily my latency is always 100-200 ms, i don't get any Crushing Blow since months i think. For sure none today anyway Smile
_________________