Skip to content
Maintankadin

Shade of Akama bug?

Touchdown
Mon Oct 22, 2007 10:50 am

Shade of Akama bug?

So, tonight, I was tanking the Defenders in the middle.

After I had built significant amount of threat(read: 50k+) they left running for healers. This happened on multiple mobs, and it caused us to wipe twice to it.


So, is there a bug with Shade of Akama fight and Paladins, or what the hell is going on?
Afraithe
Tue Oct 23, 2007 4:23 am
Yes it is buggy, I have the same problem, its extremely weird. I made a video of it here.

http://as.hadesffxi.com/shade_threat.wmv

I also posted this in the official wow raid forums, no blue answer tho, I would suggest you post your own post (DON'T link to my video) there to confirm the bug and maybe get someone to look at it.
_________________
Eliane
Tue Oct 23, 2007 6:29 am
That happend to us last time too. I tank the rogues on one side and at one time a few defenders came running for me for no reason.
_________________
Darus
Wed Oct 24, 2007 4:29 am
hmm, did akama first time last night. Didnt get that problem, but if its like you say its bounds to happen.. weird.
_________________
Neuron
Wed Oct 24, 2007 5:47 am
ITS NEFARION PHASE 1 GUYS. I NEED EVERYONE TO GROUP UP IN BETWEEN THE TWO COLUMNS. TANKS AT THE DOORS, I WANT DPS BEHIND THEM, HEALERS IN THE MIDDLE. MAGES USE BLIZZARD. ROGUES PUT ON SOME FR GEAR. ASDF
_________________
Aetherial
Wed Oct 24, 2007 7:11 am
One-shotted him last night, I was handling adds on the right side of the room, but no issues with aggro. I did notice that the adds seemed to be spawning faster than usual though, usually I have time to /dance a bit between pulls Smile
_________________
[img]http://www.wowsigs.com/sigs/24300/Earthen Ring/Aetherial.jpg[/img]
Cirrn
Thu Oct 25, 2007 6:13 am
all the mobs except the defenders work fine, but they just run off every time, even when you hit them to 90% or less using all threat skills avaible they may just run off to a random target, really weird... but a warrior can keep them with just tabbing/thunderclap, which is way less threat usually.
DJSticky
Thu Oct 25, 2007 6:37 am
I've found they run off if your are not activaly meleeing them. Or perhaps it was just my imagination =P

Buggy for sure.
_________________
Joanadark
Thu Oct 25, 2007 7:50 am
My ex-guild was playing that over vent yesturday working on Vashj.

Vashj, like Ony, isnt very retard friendly.
_________________
"Misunderstanding the Tankadin is forgivable.

In many ways we are still learning to understand ourselves."

www.joanadark.tankspot.com
Afraithe
Fri Oct 26, 2007 12:38 am
Speaking of not retard friendly... I give you Archimonde!

"GET THE ¤&%/"# AWAY FROM THE DOOMFIRES"

"XYZ WHY THE HELL DO YOU ALWAYS DIE FIRST?!?!?"

"I REPEEEEEEEAT!!! GET THE ¤&%/"# AWAY FROM THE DOOMFIRES, FEAR INCOMING!!!"

*half the guild goes flying*

"WTF!!!! SPREAD THE HELL OUT!!!!"

"THANK GOD ONLY A SHAMAN DIED, THAT SHARD IS EASY"

"XYZ WHY THE "&#¤& DID YOU DIE FROM FALLDAMAGE? L2FP!!!"
_________________
Mithos
Fri Oct 26, 2007 2:35 am
<3 doomfire :E. Haven't been at him yet so can't say, although theres a nice bug with kael such that sometimes when he does arcane disruption, even with the staff buff active, your aggro is set to zero despite not being disoriented, even when you've built threat on telonicus/sanguinar for 2 minutes >_>. There are loads of posts about it on the official forums I hear. We had the trial rogue evasion tank Telonicus for 10%, bet he was shitting bricks lol (first time on kael).
_________________

Afraithe
Fri Oct 26, 2007 3:04 am
On our first Archimonde kill (after 1½ weeks of wipefest), tank got feared around 25% or so, had a rogue evasion tank him for 8-10 secs before tank was back in position, thank god a rogue was on top of threat and was quick enough to eva tank him, cause if anyone dies on Archimonde its probably a wipe, especially that late into the fight.
_________________