Skip to content
Maintankadin

Skipping bosses

Worldie
Tue Jan 08, 2008 1:09 pm

Skipping bosses

I know this isnt exacly tanking related but...

Can you actually skip bosses in BT?
_________________

Splug
Tue Jan 08, 2008 1:14 pm
The gate to Illidan cannot be opened until the Council is dead.

I do not know if it is possible to sneak past Shahraz.

The gate to Shahraz requires Gorefiend, Gurtogg, and Reliquary all cleared. I don't know if Akama is tied to that mess as well.

The gate behind Supremus cannot be opened until Supremus is dead.

Attempting to run past Naj'entus will cause him to throw impaling spines at you while running up the tube to Supremus. This mechanic (supposedly) is what causes the graphical glitch players see when they are running up the tube and suddenly get a bunch of missed needle spines in their combat log. The attack only misses because Naj'entus is, well, dead.

-Splug
_________________
(Usually) Prot warrior: http://www.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Illidan&n=Splug
Gerilith
Tue Jan 08, 2008 1:29 pm
The tube behind Naj'entus is closed until he's dead.
_________________

Cauze blizzard begins to let healing suck.
QuantumDelta
Tue Jan 08, 2008 7:42 pm
Akama/Teron whilst working on Bloodboil/RoS (or visa versa).
Other than that no not really ;\\
I suppose you could skip Akama but ....TRAAAAASH

I seriously doubt they'd let you sneak past Shahraz considering no one I know has! Razz
Invisusira
Tue Jan 08, 2008 7:49 pm
<sidetrack>
We actually have a name for skipping bosses in DD, it's called "Chalsx'ing."

We had a terribad rogue named Chalsx back in the L60 days who would always ask "can we skip this boss??" in ZG. Soooo "can we Chalsx this boss?" became the running joke.
</sidetrack>
_________________
armory | youtube | pally stole my bike
fiorina
Thu Jan 10, 2008 12:42 am
Boss bypassing is Overrated :))
_________________
Fiorina -retired-
Stephen Hawking of AV tanking