Skip to content
Maintankadin

Need some advice and WWS analysis

Lucianas
Thu Jan 10, 2008 3:02 pm

Need some advice and WWS analysis

ok first off let me say thanks to this community. If it weren't for this website I wouldn't have the following dilema.

Today was our 2nd day of attempts on Teron Gorefiend and I came into the raid late (just put new HD in comp and set me back).

I am one of the officers (tank) 3-4 other officers who are dps and 1 (GM) who is a healer to help with each task. So after I come into the raid and we do a couple of attempts people and officers are complaining of having to hold back dps so much. Our MT (Megapuppy) is not bad at all. He sustains 1k TPS normally. So officers were tempted to see how I did on him since hes undead and all, which was fine by me but it made him and I believe other 2 DPS warriors kinda mad because he took it as blameing him for the wipes. Which is not what we were doing since most times its because we had too many people dieing to constructs not being taken care of.

Here's the thing I do put out about 200-300 more TPS however I do also dip sometimes to 700 or 800 too if vengence stacks fall off. I was more worried about healers healing me instead of threat. What I need are people smarter then me lol to help anylyse this WWS from today and see how big the differences were between me and him mitigation and healer stress wise.

WWS: http://wowwebstats.com/6qvspog4cfs2g

13 & 14 were my attempts tanking

Also after the attempts the GM (healer) said it wasn't any harder healing me but I don't know if thats the consensus of all the healers. And the DPS were happy they got to DPS more. However we didnt get anywhere near the best we have been which makes me believe its better to just leave as is. Our best with me tanking was 45ish % and with him tanking normally our best was 13%. I know that weighs heavily on the luck of who he choose to die and such.

Hope that makes sense...if not sorry I'm at work on lunch break trying to get some answers before Friday raid.

Thanks again guys and gals
Dorvan
Thu Jan 10, 2008 3:05 pm
moved to BT strats forum
_________________
Lucianas
Thu Jan 10, 2008 3:10 pm
not gonna really do me any good in here...I don't need a strat I need some opinions but ok.
Dorvan
Thu Jan 10, 2008 3:41 pm
It's where we put anything instance-specific generally.
_________________
Afraithe
Fri Jan 11, 2008 1:31 am
Im guessing most wipes where cause ppl dunno how to handle being the ghost, not the tanking, dps or healing.
_________________
Gerilith
Fri Jan 11, 2008 3:45 am
Your group healing basicly seems to suck (way too many deaths by Doom Blossoms!). Your main problems are the constructs and raid healing.
You should focus on these before even thinking about what tank would be better as long as you both survive longer than most of the raid members do.

HoTs, Flash of Light, CoH and Binding Heal are very strong in this fight.

PS: http://www.variuse.de/feroxtgs2/ !
_________________

Cauze blizzard begins to let healing suck.
Afraithe
Fri Jan 11, 2008 4:26 am
Oh btw, everyone should use some Shadow resist gear, since your raid healing seems to be the problem, neck and back should be sufficient with the shadow res buff.
_________________
Splug
Fri Jan 11, 2008 8:56 am
Unless your fight time is getting close to 5 minutes, you're just not getting a full run in on the boss, and the tank you use has very little impact on that, unless the run is ended because the tank died. It sounds like non-shadowed raid deaths were the primary player here, and that means it's on the healers to fix things, not the tank.

-Splug
_________________
(Usually) Prot warrior: http://www.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Illidan&n=Splug
Mithos
Fri Jan 11, 2008 3:49 pm
Can only agree with what's been said above, I haven't analysed your WWS but I can definatly say the tanking does not matter until the raid can do their constructs properly and random peopel don't die from Doom Blossom/Incinerate.

Choice of tank doesn't really matter too much, me and the warriors get about the same TPS and although they are slighty better geared the tank damage is about the same, they most likely have slightly less overall damage, but I have next to no spikes (sometimes I skip HS for a threat CD only if it's an apppropriate moment ofc), and if I'm tanking they can DPS, and more DPS is always good on Teron. As long as you aren't constantly spiking low you should be ok. Whilst you're learning constructs, as long as the tank can stay alive long enough for most of the raid to die before him that's enough. Average fight length is 5 minutes ish.
_________________

Parishna
Thu Jan 24, 2008 2:58 am
This is one of the fights I definately heal on.. and the extra free clensing eye helps save many lives.

But really killing the ghosts is crucial.. and the first time I got it.. i found it VERY easy.

ctrl 5
ctrl 4
(do those fast right as you spawn)
3 (action button that comes up- lance)
tab
3
tab
i just spammed this until the cooldown came up on aoe and aoe shackle then did those both and all of the constructs were 1 shot from being dead and only half the way to gorefiend.. the first time we didnt get constrtucts in the raid was the first time we killed him.

http://wowwebstats.com/kcen1ml2atila?s=5538-5815 is the wws from our first kill (i will just assume it worked) if you need any comparison values
_________________
http://www.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Doomhammer&n=Parishna
Inferno255
Thu Jan 24, 2008 8:32 am
We always do have a warrior tank this, I'm usually in my healing gear healing, but mainly cleansing while praying to get the ghosts. Think his tps is about 1200+ which is fine. Takes us just about 6 minutes to down him now. Has been a oneshot the last couple weeks. We do have several ppl that have problems on the ghosts but most have learned and can help the nub that cant after theyve finished up their own ghosts. In the end I don't think a pally will be any more or any less effective for this fight. You might be able to actually take a bit less spike or overall damage than the MT due to crushing blows that sometimes happen on parries when a warr is doing it. Threatwise a warrior should never ever have ppl riding his ceiling here.
_________________