The 'problem' I'm facing, if it is one at all, is that for certain bosses and trash packs during T5 I'm irreplaceable. I also bring the all important 3rd blessing. The guild seems to love paladin tanking, but I'm not the raid leader - this leaves me doing pretty much nothing on anything besides the few bosses and trash packs I'm needed for despite being the best geared tank we have (The Armoury not being a fair representation obviously). Up until now I guess this seems like a whine post, and I suppose to an extent it is as our MT and RL is probably the worst geared of our 4-5 regular tanks.
The problem is that I know the value of our tanking in Hyjal, I know just how much it brings to the table as it did at Al'ar, Kael, Morogrim and so on. However, is there any such justification to bring a paladin to tank in Black Temple? Most fights don't seem to revolve around burst aggro or multi-mob tanking, and seem to need 3 tanks maximum. If the current situation continues, I may aswell just go Ret and drop my tank spot to save myself the frustration of being a trash tank for the rest of the progression content.
What I'm asking, after my long-winded complaint and biography is a bit of advice from people who have been there to try and get myself an idea of parts of BT that I will make significantly easier, encounters in which we can shine and so on, so that I can continue as I am. Are there any such encounters, or should I bite the bullet and dust off the Ret gear?
_________________
My blog, epic indeed.






