Just some gossip, I am living in Hong Kong and playing in the Taiwan version of WoW (ppl like to call it as TWoW).
Life of tankadin is hard in TWoW (as least on my server), most guilds don't treat tankadins as 25-man tanks (even for off-tank).
I am luckily to have a guild and friends that show respect to me and never treat me as a trash tank.
Although I am not the guild's MT (which is a warrior), I have higher priority to tank any boss than any other tanks.
My guild is now farming GL and ML.
In the past two weeks the MT warrior was tired of tanking, so I had become the MT.
However I had a nightmare in tanking High King Maulgar, due to threat issue.
In the first time a warlock pulled off from me when the boss was at 3%.
During the second time a hunter (with no salvation since he had to tank the shaman) got aggro at 35%, killing a bunch of ppl before I could grab the boss back.
Although we were able to kill the boss in both encounters, I got blamed for not holding aggro properly.
I think the main cause of the problem is that, I could hardly generate threat when I got stunned by the boss, so DPS can easily catch up with me.
However warriors didn't have such problem, so what's wrong with me?
I never went OOM during the fight, so mana should not be an issue.
I also poped my wings whenever the CD was up (To maximize its effectiveness, I casted Avenging Wrath only if Consecretion and Judgement was not on CD and Seal of Vengeance had stacked to 5)
I have spec-ed fully in Improved Righteous Fury and kept RF up throughout the encounter.
And I also had Judgement of Crusader on the boss.
My rotation may also have problem though, I am too overgeared in Karazhan so I usually leave out Holy Shield and hoping the boss to crush me (my healers will kill me if they know this
I get too used to the following rotation: Consecretion -> Judgement of Vengeance -> Seal of Vengeance -> Consectetion -> ...
Then in 25 man, the rotation becomes Holy Shield -> Consecretion -> Judgement of Vengeance -> Seal of Vengeance -> Holy Shield -> ...
I think I should switch it to Holy Shield -> Judgement of Vengeance -> Seal of Vengeance -> Consecretion -> Holy Shield -> ...
Some information about my guildies and me.
My guildies are in T4 + badge rewards + welfare epics.
While I have about 500 spell damage (buffed) and 29% dodge (buffed) + 16% parry + 10.36% miss (I have 499 defense).
Perhaps I dodge too much so Holy Shield cannot generate enough threat?
I am very disappointed and puzzled as I have no aggro problem in Gruul and Magtheridon.
Fellow tankadins, please advise if there is anything that I can improve (gear, technique).
Sorry for my poor English as it is not my native language.




