Skip to content
Maintankadin

olm death coil

holysoldier
Fri Feb 01, 2008 11:25 am

olm death coil

can you get rid of olm's death coil with the pvp trinket? i've read conflicting reports. thanks.
_________________

Whatever you are, be a great one.
-Abe Lincoln
Kellann
Thu Feb 07, 2008 3:45 pm
It happens more frequently than you can deal with, no matter what combination of toys you try to use.

Just have to learn to live with it.
_________________
Kellann - Uther
Kathandrion
Tue Feb 12, 2008 7:17 am
Its not worth doing Sad You'll be constantly feared anyway. I usually have a druid tank with me on olm so when one of us gets feared the other just taunts it off.
dab
Wed Feb 13, 2008 3:16 am
We don't tank Olm.
He is tanked by enslaved adds.
_________________
Exodius
Fri Mar 07, 2008 6:43 am
I found that the first few times I tried working with a druid tank on him, the druid would taunt whenever her cooldown is up, ever 5 seconds.

As our taunt takes 15 seconds to cooldown, what would happen would be...

I have aggro. I get death coiled. Get taunted off by the druid.

Druid has aggro. Gets death coil. I taunt off her.

I have aggro. Not yet death coiled but druid taunt is up. She taunts, gets aggro, gets a deathcoil before my taunt is off cooldown.

Druid takes more hits than she should.

...

It's not a major point, but it's something to be aware of that I noticed. Explaining to not taunt whenever you can fixed the problem. Smile
_________________

Sweeney
Fri Mar 07, 2008 11:07 am
Being the "second tank" on Olm last time I went into Gruul's, my job consisted of taunting periodically so Olm didn't chase the other tank into Kiggler or something, and picking up felhounds when our locks were sloooow. I had so little to do, I felt pretty silly.
_________________
Sweeney: 70 Paladin, Runetotem
Airos
Tue Mar 11, 2008 9:58 am
Normally I tank him with a war or druid. we both just wait for the other to get feared and then taunt off. So if the war gets feared, I taunt him onto me. Then next time I get feared, he taunts it off of me onto him. Never had a problem as far as the tanks go. Now locks keeping the hounds enslaved is a different story Laughing
plisken451
Fri Mar 28, 2008 1:10 pm
Given that Paladins can now fear demons, would it make sense to just completely ignore the felhounds by keeping them feared? It seems that it should be more reliable than enslaving or banishing. My guild is warlock-thin, and I'm not sure we'll always have one available in a 25man.
_________________
Frickit
Wed Apr 30, 2008 10:28 am
I tanked HKM for the first time. Tanking Olm is way more fun. HKM is a pansy. We do what Invis said. Two tanks and fels on Olm.
_________________




6/6ZA 2/2GL 1/1ML 3/4TK 5/6SSC Doomwalker:)
Snake-Aes
Wed Apr 30, 2008 10:34 am
olm is either pet-tanked or dual tanked. if dual tanked, one tank taunts when the other gets coiled, so a steady flow of threat goes in. Can't really do anything other than that.
_________________


Spankadin in development.
.'>';
Zeels
Wed Apr 30, 2008 12:44 pm
I tried to fear one the other day, without success, think it was immune, but can be wrong, might have been a resist.
_________________
By the Power of Grey Skull!
Snake-Aes
Wed Apr 30, 2008 12:56 pm
You mean the pets? They can only be banished and enslaved. With a single warlock they're fully dealt with. If you want the doggie to die just send him to beat at krosh a bit Wink
_________________


Spankadin in development.
.'>';
Lowgrus
Mon Jun 02, 2008 12:48 am
A really cool way to deal with olm is to tank him in shadow resist gear. You will very seldomly get deathcoiled.