Skip to content
Maintankadin

ATTN: People using huge animated GIF avatars.

Guillex
Tue Mar 31, 2009 3:54 pm

Re: ATTN: People using huge animated GIF avatars.

Nemuria wrote:We can't check each avatar sizes before opening the thread. Browsers keep them in cache but depends on...lots of thing


As a general rule of thumb, Avatars are supposed to be small depictions of the user. Not the same size as an mp3 file. I'm not downloading a music file every time I open the site.

It also counts towards download limits (if you're capped with your provider) for the month... Not many people think of that, either. And not everyone has their browser set to cache much.

Anyways ... Resizing on the forums DOES NOT EQUAL a filesize change. That's the gist.
fafhrd
Tue Mar 31, 2009 6:54 pm

Re: ATTN: People using huge animated GIF avatars.

Well if the size is such that it doesn't bother you the first time you load them, you have nothing to complain about anyway. If you load one that does cause some issue, PM invis about it, and I'm sure she'll take some action if the avatar is bad enough to merit it.

Fortunately I've never had an issue with it, so I wouldn't be qualified to judge - an avatar taking a minute to load just means I don't see it animate for a minute.
Invisusira
Tue Mar 31, 2009 7:23 pm

Re: ATTN: People using huge animated GIF avatars.

Nemuria wrote:We can't check each avatar sizes before opening the thread. Browsers keep them in cache but depends on...lots of thing

Right click. Save. Look at file.
Guillex
Tue Mar 31, 2009 7:25 pm

Re: ATTN: People using huge animated GIF avatars.

Invisusira wrote:
Nemuria wrote:We can't check each avatar sizes before opening the thread. Browsers keep them in cache but depends on...lots of thing

Right click. Save. Look at file.


Or right-click, Properties, look at Size of File. If Unknown, then ^^^
Invisusira
Tue Mar 31, 2009 7:28 pm

Re: ATTN: People using huge animated GIF avatars.

Here is an example of an avatar which is OK for use.

Image

It is about 200k, which is larger than average but still acceptable.

I recommend that anyone who is unsure of their avatar use this one instead. The more people, the better. Just to be safe.
Grehn|Skipjack
Tue Mar 31, 2009 7:33 pm

Re: ATTN: People using huge animated GIF avatars.

Thy will be done, master!
Vanifae
Tue Mar 31, 2009 7:35 pm

Re: ATTN: People using huge animated GIF avatars.

I love my new one.
Guillex
Tue Mar 31, 2009 7:36 pm

Re: ATTN: People using huge animated GIF avatars.

Vanifae wrote:I love my new one.


The spice must flow.
Gladia
Tue Mar 31, 2009 9:16 pm

Re: ATTN: People using huge animated GIF avatars.

Mines 58k, and its 58k of pure awesome, doesnt get much better than stalin, i dare you, find a song, play it, he will bob to the beat of it....
Sabindeus
Tue Mar 31, 2009 9:28 pm

Re: ATTN: People using huge animated GIF avatars.

Invisusira wrote:Here is an example of an avatar which is OK for use.

Image

It is about 200k, which is larger than average but still acceptable.

I recommend that anyone who is unsure of their avatar use this one instead. The more people, the better. Just to be safe.


I find it fairly ridiculous how much attention Invis has lavished upon my avatar over the months I've used it. It's kinda creepy actually.
Aubade
Wed Apr 01, 2009 4:01 pm

Re: ATTN: People using huge animated GIF avatars.

=[ I hope you're all happy. I miss that woman. Even though her video was pretty bad and she didn't look as good, the GIF was good enough for me.

Tyra Banks suits me well IMO
fafhrd
Wed Apr 01, 2009 4:29 pm

Re: ATTN: People using huge animated GIF avatars.

Sabindeus wrote:
I find it fairly ridiculous how much attention Invis has lavished upon my avatar over the months I've used it. It's kinda creepy actually.


Clearly she wants you.
Guillex
Wed Apr 01, 2009 4:43 pm

Re: ATTN: People using huge animated GIF avatars.

fafhrd wrote:
Sabindeus wrote:
I find it fairly ridiculous how much attention Invis has lavished upon my avatar over the months I've used it. It's kinda creepy actually.


Clearly she wants you.


Who is this "she" you speak of? Are you still under the delusion that Invis is a woman?
fafhrd
Wed Apr 01, 2009 4:45 pm

Re: ATTN: People using huge animated GIF avatars.

Guillex wrote:
fafhrd wrote:
Sabindeus wrote:
I find it fairly ridiculous how much attention Invis has lavished upon my avatar over the months I've used it. It's kinda creepy actually.


Clearly she wants you.


Who is this "she" you speak of? Are you still under the delusion that Invis is a woman?


Countless screenshots and PTR contact prove she's a woman, what are you talking about?
Grehn|Skipjack
Wed Apr 01, 2009 4:51 pm

Re: ATTN: People using huge animated GIF avatars.

Vanifae is a cute asian girl, Invis is a girl with great CBH, Guillex's beard looks good, Lightbeard wins all the time, and I have an amazing super-computer. True story.