Skip to content
Maintankadin

Twitter

Aubade
Fri May 01, 2009 5:12 pm

Re: Twitter

Grehn|Skipjack wrote:Haha, alright then. Done.


I do twitter alot though about my raids. It was a huge joke last night. raid leader was screaming on vent about a mimiron wipe, and readychecked (I normally just pull as soon as the ready-check is done) And was getting mad that i wasn't pulling. I came back and was like oh, my bad I was twittering. And from that point on, whenever something happened in the raid people would be like "afk break, aubade has to twitter"
Spectrum
Fri May 01, 2009 5:55 pm

Re: Twitter

You can follow my guild at http://twitter.com/thewinguild.

However, on things like twitter and facebook it seems I try them initially, give them an honest effort, but then don't find enough value to warrant the continued effort.


Maintankadin, on the other hand...
Aubade
Fri May 01, 2009 5:58 pm

Re: Twitter

Spectrum wrote:
Maintankadin, on the other hand...


you come here for the hoofers. It's true.
Aubade
Fri May 01, 2009 8:08 pm

Re: Twitter

def can't watch youtube at work.

Is it sad that i refresh my twitter page like every 5 minutes to see if someone tweeted?
sumpwa
Mon May 04, 2009 12:31 am

Re: Twitter

they have programs that can do that for you
Sharlos
Mon May 04, 2009 2:36 am

Re: Twitter

Having a facebook is useful seeing a majority of my friends don't live near me and a few of them have stopped playing wow.

I have trouble seeing how a personal twitter account is useful. A guild one is interesting though. (My guild is a bit too small for anything interesting however.)
Grehn|Skipjack
Mon May 04, 2009 3:49 am

Re: Twitter

Sharlos wrote:I have trouble seeing how a personal twitter account is useful

It's not, really. Most of the time it feels like I'm just talking to myself. To be honest, It's like a blog without the blog. Just the comments section. I do, however, talk to people I know. One of my friend's brothers is on there, so I converse with him about tech and journalism stuff.
Snake-Aes
Tue May 05, 2009 12:09 pm

Re: Twitter

Grehn|Skipjack wrote:I have a Twitter. I use it to keep track of all my webcomic artists. More than half post when they've updated, so I don't have to go searching. I don't think I need to post it, since I don't really care what you ate for breakfast. ;)

RSS.
Aubade
Tue May 05, 2009 4:53 pm

Re: Twitter

Grehn|Skipjack wrote:
Sharlos wrote:I have trouble seeing how a personal twitter account is useful

It's not, really. Most of the time it feels like I'm just talking to myself. To be honest, It's like a blog without the blog. Just the comments section. I do, however, talk to people I know. One of my friend's brothers is on there, so I converse with him about tech and journalism stuff.


you also, NEVER TWEET ME BACK.
Pfife
Wed May 06, 2009 3:25 am

Re: Twitter

Image

I know twitter is not exactly blogging, but it is close enough and I feel the same way about it.
Grehn|Skipjack
Wed May 06, 2009 6:30 am

Re: Twitter

Aubade wrote:you also, NEVER TWEET ME BACK.

Lies, I do all the time >_>

Snake-Aes wrote:
Grehn|Skipjack wrote:I have a Twitter. I use it to keep track of all my webcomic artists. More than half post when they've updated, so I don't have to go searching. I don't think I need to post it, since I don't really care what you ate for breakfast. ;)

RSS.

Should probably learn how to use that some time.
Snake-Aes
Wed May 06, 2009 12:18 pm

Re: Twitter

Grehn|Skipjack wrote:
Aubade wrote:you also, NEVER TWEET ME BACK.

Lies, I do all the time >_>

Snake-Aes wrote:
Grehn|Skipjack wrote:I have a Twitter. I use it to keep track of all my webcomic artists. More than half post when they've updated, so I don't have to go searching. I don't think I need to post it, since I don't really care what you ate for breakfast. ;)

RSS.

Should probably learn how to use that some time.

There are a few. the two easier ones I know are "subscribing" to the rss(in the rss button the site gives), and the link is actually a folder with the newest feeds, and the other is google reader. Give it the domain and it'll find what it can and return to you the news/images/whatever.