Skip to content
Maintankadin

Just bought Call of Cthulu and Gunslinger

Sanctity
Wed Mar 11, 2009 1:51 pm
Sabindeus wrote:
Panzerdin wrote:Yes, it ranks slightly higher than the Holocaust on my list of all-time crimes against humanity.


Your MOM'S a crime against humanity! ZING

No but seriously what's wrong with dog-earing. It's not like I am worried about the collector's value of my books here.


It your book so it's fine, the people who do it to libary books or worse MY books make me ANGRY :evil: .

But if it your book it's your call. I'll punch no kittens unless you dog-ear mine

Also: nasty / tatty books are descibed as "dogeared" so there must be somthing wrong with it.
Dazhbog
Wed Mar 11, 2009 2:03 pm
Lightbeard wrote:I started gunslinger im on page 132 atm

Story started off kinda slow and confusing but getting better


King takes a while to ramp up; I found Gunslinger pretty slow until about 2/3 of the way through, the second book's still kind of trudgy but getting there, and by the time you meet the enormous cybernetic bear at the start of book 3, well... I was hooked. The first three-four books are brilliant examples of a growing writing style (remember King was 19 when he started Gunslinger).

And dog earring is the second worst crime against literary nature, behind only bending the spine back so you can fold the book in half. I don't put my books in plastic sleeves or anything, but I'd prefer they're not disintegrating in my hands when I go to read them several years down the road.