Skip to content
Maintankadin

Hurricane Sandy

Sabindeus
Tue Oct 30, 2012 9:04 am

Re: Hurricane Sandy

Skye1013 wrote:Image
That's some Independence Day shit right there...


this pic is fake
Sabindeus
Tue Oct 30, 2012 9:06 am

Re: Hurricane Sandy

Nikachelle wrote:That's terrifying. The upside, however, is that it's still a long way from getting to the second floor. I hope the water recedes quickly.


yeah looks like water levels are back down today, but there was extensive damage to the NYC infrastructure. subways are going to be out of comission for a long time.
Barathorn
Tue Oct 30, 2012 9:50 am

Re: Hurricane Sandy

Stay safe you lot over there ok?

Do what you are told. Thoughts are with you.
Sabindeus
Tue Oct 30, 2012 11:38 am

Re: Hurricane Sandy

Man I used to live not far from Breezy Point... crazy to see all those houses burned down. Used to drive past them with my parents on the way to the marine pkwy bridge.
Shoju
Tue Oct 30, 2012 12:37 pm

Re: Hurricane Sandy

Dear Sab,

Take your storm back. We don't like what it's doing to our lake.

Image

Signed,
Ohio.
Sabindeus
Wed Oct 31, 2012 6:58 pm

Re: Hurricane Sandy

man we didn't want that shit in the first place
katraya
Thu Nov 01, 2012 2:28 am

Re: Hurricane Sandy

We were supposed to fly into JFK on Monday but obviously that didn't happen. We have a flight tomorrow and then we're renting a car to drive back to Baltimore.

Being stranded in Europe on your honeymoon isn't as awesome as it sounds. We were both ready to be home. It could have been a lot worse though. We had money left and we got a good deal on a hotel. It's not like we were stuck in an airport or anything.

Everything back home is fine luckily. I wouldn't want to get back to a house without power after 20+ hours of traveling.
Baelor
Wed Nov 14, 2012 5:30 pm

Re: Hurricane Sandy

That shit was bananas. I had to couch surf with friends for a week (I live in a low-lying part of Manhattan).
Arnock
Wed Nov 14, 2012 7:27 pm

Re: Hurricane Sandy

I still can't get over how bad the flooding was up there. Category one storms down here are a minor inconvenience at worst, power's usually back on within a day or two (if it even drops out).

Isaac was something like a 100year rain event when it came through, and it didn't flood much more than a foot in areas with poor drainage.
Aubade
Wed Nov 14, 2012 10:05 pm

Re: Hurricane Sandy

Baelor wrote:That shit was bananas. I had to couch surf with friends for a week (I live in a low-lying part of Manhattan).


How bad was the damage to your place? That sucks!
Baelor
Thu Nov 15, 2012 6:05 am

Re: Hurricane Sandy

Aubade wrote:
Baelor wrote:That shit was bananas. I had to couch surf with friends for a week (I live in a low-lying part of Manhattan).


How bad was the damage to your place? That sucks!

My apartment building had flooding in the basement and damage to its fire detection system. Thankfully, it didn't get hit too bad and it was functional again about a day after power was restored to the area.

My office wasn't so lucky. My company's home office is also in the flood zone and had major flooding. It'll likely be closed for months. Yes, months plural. Working from home in the meanwhile! Hooray for Evernote and laptops.
Sabindeus
Thu Nov 15, 2012 3:32 pm

Re: Hurricane Sandy

Baelor wrote:
Aubade wrote:
Baelor wrote:That shit was bananas. I had to couch surf with friends for a week (I live in a low-lying part of Manhattan).


How bad was the damage to your place? That sucks!

My apartment building had flooding in the basement and damage to its fire detection system. Thankfully, it didn't get hit too bad and it was functional again about a day after power was restored to the area.

My office wasn't so lucky. My company's home office is also in the flood zone and had major flooding. It'll likely be closed for months. Yes, months plural. Working from home in the meanwhile! Hooray for Evernote and laptops.


shit man, I am sorry to hear that :(