Skip to content
Maintankadin

Twitter

Lightbeard
Sat Jul 25, 2009 3:46 pm

Re: Twitter

you guys hear about that girl who was died while using twitter

She needs a darwin award she was on twitter on her laptop in the tub

Went to plug in the charger with wet hands while in the tub
Barristan
Sat Jul 25, 2009 9:33 pm

Re: Twitter

I've never made a facebook or myspace page... and I wasn't planning on signing up for twitter either... then I realized I was missing out on Shaq talking shit about random people so I decided to get in on the action. I've had it for about 2 weeks and I have yet to post anything, though.
Lusei
Sun Jul 26, 2009 2:20 am

Re: Twitter

Fivelives wrote:I categorically refuse to participate in the mind-numbing stupidfest that is social networking sites on the intraweb.


Thank you.
Vanifae
Sun Jul 26, 2009 2:36 am

Re: Twitter

I choose to embrace the future and not run away from it.
Grehn|Skipjack
Sun Jul 26, 2009 3:11 am

Re: Twitter

No matter where you go, everyone's connected.
+1 for first to cite source. -10 for google.
Aubade
Sun Jul 26, 2009 5:40 am

Re: Twitter

Serial Experiments: Lain.
Barristan
Sun Jul 26, 2009 8:33 am

Re: Twitter

Lusei wrote:
Fivelives wrote:I categorically refuse to participate in the mind-numbing stupidfest that is social networking sites on the intraweb.


Thank you.


You're cool, mind if you sign my boobs?
Aubade
Sun Jul 26, 2009 9:15 am

Re: Twitter

i'm following honor and ulush now =O
Rachmaninoff
Tue Jul 28, 2009 12:48 pm

Re: Twitter

can someone explain what the big deal is with twitter?

I don't have the time for that shit, I hardly use that facebook bullshit.....

priorities typical weekday night:
getting laid > food > raid > guitar > movies> other video games > internet fads
moduspwnens
Tue Jul 28, 2009 3:01 pm

Re: Twitter

I just don't get it. It seems like my Facebook status already does all that Twitter does and more. Well, except you have to be my Facebook friend to see it, so I guess I could understand Twitter if you want to micro-blog to people who you don't know well enough to "friend." But then you'd have to think that what you have to say to people you don't know well is something they care about and worth your time to post. Meh, it's all a vortex of not-making-sense to me. There was a statistic released a month or so ago about some 60% of Twitter users register and then never go back. Welp, I was in that statistic.

EDIT: What really bugs me though is when people talk about Twitter like it's the new Facebook (especially on the news and Digg) or that it's some monumental tool for society. There was a story on Digg a few weeks ago about the "fail whale" Twitter evidently shown during server downtime has some sort of cultural significance because it came from some special artist from unique snowflake country and blah blah blah! Who cares?! It wasn't quite as bad as the news hype during the Iranian election, though, or that story about a Best Buy listing having X many Twitter followers as a recommended criterion for job application. Really? Is that the kind of employee you want? /endrant
Katraya
Tue Jul 28, 2009 3:10 pm

Re: Twitter

Katraya wrote:As is so often the case, SuperNews sums it up nicely.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PN2HAroA12w


And the sequel!
http://current.com/items/90032288_celeb ... erkill.htm

I honestly don't get it either. I do use facebook but when I see Twitter-esque status updates on there like "Going to bed," "Woke up," or "scratching self as I write this" it drives me nuts. I really don't care what you're doing every second of the day. To each their own and if you enjoy it great, but it just seems so...narcisistic.
Ulushnar
Tue Jul 28, 2009 3:16 pm

Re: Twitter

Well I do have my Facebook set to auto-update with my Twitter status. It's a two-fer.
Grehn|Skipjack
Tue Jul 28, 2009 9:24 pm

Re: Twitter

moduspwnens wrote:I just don't get it. It seems like my Facebook status already does all that Twitter does and more.

There. Stop right there. You own a car. The car gets you places and you can use it to carry shit to and fro. It does everything you need it to do. Why would you buy a bike? You wouldn't. You have no need for a bike. You don't walk up to people riding bikes and say "What are you doing? A car does the same thing and more! Why are you riding a bike?" You don't say that because it's irrelevant to your own existence. What they use isn't important to you. The end.

Twitter gained some + points for me recently because TigerDirect, NewEgg, JINX, and a bunch of other places I shop at are starting to send out Twitter Exclusive sales and shit.