Skip to content
Maintankadin

Nintendo DS games

Barristan
Sun Jul 19, 2009 9:55 pm

Re: Nintendo DS games

Arnock wrote:As much as I hate to admit it, the pokeman gameboy games are still really fun, I haven't tried platinum or w/e the DS version is, but the GBA games are fun


I played Platinum a bit but even after Yellow being the last game I had played before it they still feel like once you've played one you've played them all.
isiz
Tue Jul 21, 2009 2:33 pm

Re: Nintendo DS games

I can't believe no one has suggested FFTA2 yet. Pretty cool game. The story isn't as good as the first but there are more classes and two new races that are pretty fun.

One of the frustrating things is that you need to collect random loot from enemies to turn in to unlock the ability to purchase specific items. This can get annoying if you are looking for a specific weapon. Fortunately they added an auction house event where you can bid on random items and they are usually pretty powerful (got plenty of ultimate weapons this way :D ).
Ewige
Tue Jul 21, 2009 4:20 pm

Re: Nintendo DS games

Image

/thread

I just got Shin Megami Tensei: Devil Survivor and it's most excellent.
Culhag
Tue Jul 21, 2009 4:31 pm

Re: Nintendo DS games

Barristan wrote:I played Platinum a bit but even after Yellow being the last game I had played before it they still feel like once you've played one you've played them all.

That's my feeling as well.
The first I played was Gold and I loved it, but when I picked Ruby on the GBA and Pearl on the DS, both times I got bored very quickly.
It's always the same old clunky and slow combat system and annoying random encounters.

Currently I'm playing GTA: Chinatown Wars and I'd definitely recommend it.

Also for those into strategy games, there's Advance Wars, it's turn based but very good.
Barristan
Tue Jul 21, 2009 8:24 pm

Re: Nintendo DS games

Currently I'm playing GTA: Chinatown Wars and I'd definitely recommend it.


GTA: Chinatown Wars is far and away one of the best games on the DS and we probably won't get another. The sales on GTA: CW were low because the average DS user has no interest in GTA games, so because of that they don't expect that Rockstar would put the effort out to making another. :(