Skip to content
Maintankadin

Recommended TV Series?

Flex
Tue Oct 11, 2011 5:57 pm

Re: Recommended TV Series?

I do not get the love for Big Bang Theory.
Aubade
Tue Oct 11, 2011 5:59 pm

Re: Recommended TV Series?

It's just so stupid it's funny. I know at least 1 dude from high school that is like those guys.
Flex
Tue Oct 11, 2011 6:25 pm

Re: Recommended TV Series?

I always heard it referred to as a show for nerds, but when I watched an episode or two it was typical sitcom with a gloss of nerd.
Sabindeus
Tue Oct 11, 2011 6:34 pm

Re: Recommended TV Series?

Personally I find Big Bang Theory insulting.
Skye1013
Tue Oct 11, 2011 7:42 pm

Re: Recommended TV Series?

Sabindeus wrote:Personally I find Big Bang Theory insulting.

Needs more hot nerdy guys IMO...
cerwillis
Tue Oct 11, 2011 7:53 pm

Re: Recommended TV Series?

Sabindeus wrote:Personally I find Big Bang Theory insulting.

And, Two and a Half Men, Aubade? Really? You need to get out more.

On the non-fiction tip:

Stan Lee's Superhumans
Anthony Bordain's No Reservations
Morgan Freeman's Through the Wormhole
katraya
Tue Oct 11, 2011 7:56 pm

Re: Recommended TV Series?

Skye1013 wrote:
Sabindeus wrote:Personally I find Big Bang Theory insulting.

Needs more hot nerdy guys IMO...


I have had a crush on Johnny Galecki for almost 20 years. :wink:
Gracerath
Tue Oct 11, 2011 8:04 pm

Re: Recommended TV Series?

I enjoy Big Bang Theory. The last two seasons have been pretty great with the addition of more female characters to even things out. The Amy character is particularly excellent.

I can't get enough of Storage Wars. I basically watch it for Barry the collector guy. He's just an interesting dude and kinda zany.

I watch a good amount of the show American Pickers but the two guys are fairly unlikable.
Koatanga
Tue Oct 11, 2011 9:41 pm

Re: Recommended TV Series?

Firefly - I am absolutely nuts about this series, even though it only lasted one season. Best television series ever, as far as I am concerned. Stands up to repeated viewings. Would be in my Desert Island DVD collection.

Dollhouse - More Joss Whedon, but not because I am a fanboi of his. It's a good show in its own right. Takes a bit to get going in the first series.

Castle - It is difficult not to like Nathan Fillion, and the show entertains. It doesn't take itself too seriously.

The Big Bang Theory - I have been disappointed with Season 4, but I am hoping they can recover.

Torchwood - My wife is a big fan of John Barrowman, and the show has sort of grown on me. Warning: Not for the homophobic.

How I Met Your Mother - Simple ensemble comedy. Light entertainment.
Aubade
Wed Oct 12, 2011 6:08 am

Re: Recommended TV Series?

cerwillis wrote:And, Two and a Half Men, Aubade? Really? You need to get out more.


I liked the older seasons. I'm giving it a chance without charlie sheen but it's...not so good thus far.
Hokahey
Wed Oct 12, 2011 8:46 am

Re: Recommended TV Series?

Since no one has mentioned it as far as I saw, Rescue Me. It did feel at times like "The Dennis Leary Show", but its overall a pretty good series. A lot of episodes do a fantastic job of jumping back and forth between hilarious comedy and heartbreaking drama.

Also, I'm a big fan of the original Full Metal Alchemist anime series. Brotherhood is also good, but I liked the original Anime better.
Treck
Wed Oct 12, 2011 9:06 am

Re: Recommended TV Series?

Skye1013 wrote:Needs more hot nerdy guys IMO...

Funny, cuz most girls i know who enjoy the big bang theory, find Sheldon very hot.
And none of the girls are even close to nerds themselves...
Funny they can sit and say so about a show, but if they ever meet someone like that irl, they completely ignore them (altho i doubt theres many people as crazy as Sheldon :P)
degre
Wed Oct 12, 2011 11:47 am

Re: Recommended TV Series?

Aubade wrote:
cerwillis wrote:And, Two and a Half Men, Aubade? Really? You need to get out more.


I liked the older seasons. I'm giving it a chance without charlie sheen but it's...not so good thus far.

In a way we're used to a well oiled Charlie Sheen reality show, while now they've had to restart from scratch and introduce the new set, so I'm not complaining much, but I do agree that good as he might be, what made the show was Charlie's character, and this new one just doesn't compare...
katraya
Wed Oct 12, 2011 12:52 pm

Re: Recommended TV Series?

Barathorn wrote:
Also - Twin Peaks.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Twin_Peaks

Just watch it.

That is all.


<3 Barathorn.

Also, I think of you every time I see the word Baratheon in the Song of Ice and Fire books.