Skip to content
Maintankadin

Recommended TV Series?

Levantine
Wed Oct 12, 2011 1:00 pm

Re: Recommended TV Series?

See now I'm going to think of a fat drunk womanizing king everytime I see Bara post now. I'm funnily enough okay with this.

Back on topic, I don't watch all that much tv, but I enjoy the occasional Torchwood, Big Bang Theory (later seasons more than earlier. Bernadette and Amy are funneh) and I accidentally watch True Blood and Game of Thrones. Oh, and Dexter, I like Dexter too.
Barathorn
Wed Oct 12, 2011 2:05 pm

Re: Recommended TV Series?

katraya wrote:
Barathorn wrote:
Also - Twin Peaks.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Twin_Peaks

Just watch it.

That is all.


<3 Barathorn.

Also, I think of you every time I see the word Baratheon in the Song of Ice and Fire books.


Awwwww thanks. He has a few pounds on me I think, not too many though.

You just rock Kat :)
Barathorn
Wed Oct 12, 2011 2:09 pm

Re: Recommended TV Series?

Levantine wrote:See now I'm going to think of a fat drunk womanizing king everytime I see Bara post now. I'm funnily enough okay with this.


You know I am the true overlord who bats aside women worshipping me on their knees while getting gored by a wild pig. Awesome. And yet so far from the truth its just Mortal Wombat.

Back on topic, I don't watch all that much tv, but I enjoy the occasional Torchwood, Big Bang Theory (later seasons more than earlier. Bernadette and Amy are funneh) and I accidentally watch True Blood and Game of Thrones. Oh, and Dexter, I like Dexter too.


ZOMG I forgot to say Bones. How did I forget that!!! Wasn't that like our favourite programme about 3 years ago Lev?
Levantine
Wed Oct 12, 2011 2:57 pm

Re: Recommended TV Series?

Oh right! Bones is also a guilty pleasure of mine. I have a terrible soft spot for David and Amy. Terrible terrible soft spot that I would be ashamed of but I'm too busy being enamored with them to bother.
Petrus
Wed Oct 12, 2011 6:41 pm

Re: Recommended TV Series?

Most of mine have been listed already in one form or another.

Current favorites:

Chuck (Comedy/Drama - in its last season)
Community (Comedy)
Castle (Police Comedy/Drama)
Doctor Who (Sci-Fi)
Warehouse 13 (Sci-Fi/Fantasy Comedy/Drama)

Old shows (all SF/Fant):
Star Trek: The Next Generation
Star Trek: Deep Space Nine
Star Trek: Voyager
Stargate SG-1
Stargate Atlantis
Farscape
Legend of the Seeker
Firefly

Outlaw Star (the only anime on this list)
- Great sci-fi anime, only one series (season) of 26 episodes.

Babylon 5
- Awesome sci-fi, fairly dark/gritty at times but a bit more realistic than others. Pretty cool to boot. First season is ok, seasons 2-4 are excellent, and season 5 is where it jumped the shark.
Sabindeus
Wed Oct 12, 2011 7:31 pm

Re: Recommended TV Series?

Petrus wrote:Outlaw Star (the only anime on this list)
- Great sci-fi anime, only one series (season) of 26 episodes.


Oh i didn't realize this list was open to anime, I could make a huge list for that...
Nikachelle
Wed Oct 12, 2011 7:40 pm

Re: Recommended TV Series?

I've been re-watching all my old DVD sets lately. So take it for what you will...

Buffy the Vampire Slayer
Alias
Dark Angel
Veronica Mars
and I'm working through Queer as Folk (US version) right now. God I miss this show.

Current TV favourites are Project Runway (this season blows fucking chunks though), Dexter and I've just started watching Ringer - Sarah Michelle Gellar's new show. I tried watching Secret Circle since I'd read the books as a kid... but after three episodes I couldn't bring myself to watch any more.
katraya
Wed Oct 12, 2011 7:50 pm

Re: Recommended TV Series?

Nikachelle wrote:I tried watching Secret Circle since I'd read the books as a kid... but after three episodes I couldn't bring myself to watch any more.


Yeah, I stayed far away from that and Vampire Diaries. I loved the books 20 years ago (ouch).

Best comedy ever imo - Coupling (the British version of course) The typical group of friends who date each other scenario but much funnier and raunchier than anything they'd allow in the US.
A close second for me is Sealab 2021. Old Adult Swim cartoon ridiculousness. The episode where Cpt. Murphy takes on a Stalinesque persona and they make a ton of Marx references is by far my favorite.

Both were cancelled years ago but are available on DVD.
Nikachelle
Wed Oct 12, 2011 8:02 pm

Re: Recommended TV Series?

katraya wrote:
Nikachelle wrote:I tried watching Secret Circle since I'd read the books as a kid... but after three episodes I couldn't bring myself to watch any more.


Yeah, I stayed far away from that and Vampire Diaries. I loved the books 20 years ago (ouch).

Best comedy ever imo - Coupling (the British version of course) The typical group of friends who date each other scenario but much funnier and raunchier than anything they'd allow in the US.

Ditto on Coupling. That show made me laugh so much.

As for the L.J. Smith stuff... I have been DYING for her to write that damn last book in Night World series for... what... 15 years now? Arghhhhh.
Flex
Wed Oct 12, 2011 9:02 pm

Re: Recommended TV Series?

Keep your book talk out of the TV thread!
Skye1013
Wed Oct 12, 2011 9:23 pm

Re: Recommended TV Series?

Treck wrote:
Skye1013 wrote:Needs more hot nerdy guys IMO...

Funny, cuz most girls i know who enjoy the big bang theory, find Sheldon very hot.
And none of the girls are even close to nerds themselves...
Funny they can sit and say so about a show, but if they ever meet someone like that irl, they completely ignore them (altho i doubt theres many people as crazy as Sheldon :P)

I never said there weren't any. Just that they need more. ;) And I'm not entirely sure "hot" would be the most accurate description, but I certainly wouldn't kick him out of bed.
cerwillis
Wed Oct 12, 2011 9:34 pm

Re: Recommended TV Series?

A guy I know is in a pilot for a reality show called The Regulars. You can see the first episode here: http://www.theregulars.tv/ They go around to dive bars in the USA and see what's required to be a regular there. TBH, I haven't watched it, but Oscar's a pretty funny guy, so I have high hopes.
Flex
Thu Oct 13, 2011 12:29 am

Re: Recommended TV Series?

cerwillis wrote:A guy I know is in a pilot for a reality show called The Regulars. You can see the first episode here: http://www.theregulars.tv/ They go around to dive bars in the USA and see what's required to be a regular there. TBH, I haven't watched it, but Oscar's a pretty funny guy, so I have high hopes.


WJFK can suck a weiner.
Petrus
Thu Oct 13, 2011 1:49 am

Re: Recommended TV Series?

I don't really watch much anime, but I loved Outlaw Star so much that I had to include it. I figured it was worth it since it was the only one I bothered to list, but I know some of you guys are really into lots of it. Maybe it warrants its own thread?
fuzzygeek
Thu Oct 13, 2011 3:22 am

Re: Recommended TV Series?

Petrus wrote:I don't really watch much anime, but I loved Outlaw Star so much that I had to include it. I figured it was worth it since it was the only one I bothered to list, but I know some of you guys are really into lots of it. Maybe it warrants its own thread?


Anime tends to get discussed over in this thread.