Skip to content
Maintankadin

Is this the poll...

Zade
Sat Feb 28, 2009 5:20 pm
Varies by race. Love the roftcopter and nether drakes on my draenei, but nether ray>everything else for a gnome. And gryphons are terrible all around.

/slight necro
kenshin648
Sat Feb 28, 2009 6:11 pm
I like my green proto.
Zonzede
Sun Mar 01, 2009 12:54 am
Roflcoptor.
Without contest.
I pray for a Nitro upgrade to allow my helicoptor to perform at 310% like those other silly mounts. I'll pay 10k for it, no problem.
Call it an engy perk.
Omatre
Sun Mar 01, 2009 2:28 am
The red wyrmrest drake is my favorite. Yes it can be purchased, no it doesn't require achievements, but its undoubtedly the best color combination of all of the drakes imo.

The red proto isn't bad either, but I don't care for the look of the protodrakes, save the new forthcoming ones for 3.1, I kinda dig their color schemes.

The old netherwing rep drakes never appealed to me, I didn't like the "shadow priest" perma mount look they had.
fafhrd
Sun Mar 01, 2009 9:23 am
Omatre wrote:The red wyrmrest drake is my favorite. Yes it can be purchased, no it doesn't require achievements, but its undoubtedly the best color combination of all of the drakes imo.

The red proto isn't bad either, but I don't care for the look of the protodrakes, save the new forthcoming ones for 3.1, I kinda dig their color schemes.

The old netherwing rep drakes never appealed to me, I didn't like the "shadow priest" perma mount look they had.


The "black" drake from 10man sarth is a slightly better color combo imo:

Image

I wish they'd come out with actual dragon mounts instead of drakes, I hate the rounded heads all the drakes have :/
Aubade
Sun Mar 01, 2009 9:28 am
fafhrd wrote:I wish they'd come out with actual dragon mounts instead of drakes, I hate the rounded heads all the drakes have :/


There's a game file for a Sapphiron looking UD Dragon mount >.> Looks amazing. Icecrown 25M achievement drake anyone?


And yes i love my blue Proto on my mage, but i also love the red proto on my paladin + roflcopter + HH Mount. I can never choose which one i like!

and for ground mounts i'd have to go with my chopper once it gets fixed, can't be bothered to use it ATM
fafhrd
Sun Mar 01, 2009 9:30 am
That's a frostwyrm though, not a real dragon (i was thinking something like the onyxia/nefarian/sartharion model). But yes, it would be amazing (pretty much anything that's currently flying around Icecrown would make an amazing mount).
Aubade
Sun Mar 01, 2009 9:35 am
fafhrd wrote:That's a frostwyrm though, not a real dragon (i was thinking something like the onyxia/nefarion/sartharion model). But yes, it would be amazing (pretty much anything that's currently flying around Icecrown would make an amazing mount).


Ah you're right, and yes yes it would. I could see riding around on ony Though, that'd be fun and gigantic! oh Jeez imagine the possibilities with winterfall firewater + Gigantic feast + holloween candy + Heroism/Bloodlust + Mojo Kiss............

I think i see a entire city being covered up by 1 mount.
Gerunna
Mon Mar 02, 2009 11:02 am
Eh, my nether ray was cheap and gets good gas mileage.
Chunes
Mon Mar 02, 2009 11:12 am
i thought the proto's were cool when i first saw them, but now I think they look kind of mongoloid with their huge heads and feet.

regular drakes are the most appealing to me, but only the hard to get ones via sarth3d.
Baelor
Mon Mar 02, 2009 11:15 am
I voted Roflcopter, but I'd use whatever is fastest. If I had a 310% mount that looked like a flying version of Invisusira's left leg, I'd be cruising on that instead of my Gyrocopter.
fafhrd
Mon Mar 02, 2009 11:37 am
Yeah, I'd ride her leg too.
majiben
Mon Mar 02, 2009 12:00 pm
I have added the broom option to amuse myself.
fafhrd
Mon Mar 02, 2009 12:06 pm
Majiben wrote:I have added the broom option to amuse myself.


310% Invisusira's Leg option?
Falibard
Mon Mar 02, 2009 1:53 pm
Majiben wrote:I have added the broom option to amuse myself.


Insta-mount was win. Had that been an option when I voted it would get my vote.
uke
Mon Mar 02, 2009 2:13 pm
Falibard wrote:
Majiben wrote:I have added the broom option to amuse myself.


Insta-mount was win. Had that been an option when I voted it would get my vote.


I'm actually looking forward to getting my druid leveled up for that very reason, who gets a built in instant flight form.
Minnerva
Mon Mar 02, 2009 2:16 pm
I am more of a "if the mount is rare then i want it" type of player. once it becomes too accessible i stop using it. right now i am using the red proto drake because hardly anyone has it. :D
Mehnalas
Wed Mar 04, 2009 6:54 pm
Wyrven.

Orly?
Invisusira
Wed Mar 04, 2009 6:56 pm
Majiben wrote:I have added the broom option to amuse myself.

I have removed the broom option because don't fuck with my shit yo.
aranil
Wed Mar 04, 2009 6:58 pm
<.< Am I really the only one who wants to ride a Dragohawk?
Falibard
Thu Mar 05, 2009 11:22 am
aranil wrote:<.< Am I really the only one who wants to ride a Dragohawk?


You don't have to look to the skies to see the Dragonhawk.
uke
Thu Mar 05, 2009 12:02 pm
Even though only one class can use it, I have to vote druid flight form to be the most OP 'mount' of them all.

Insant cast, castable while falling, and combined with NE Shadowmeld, you can drop yourself out of any bad situation and take off.
Dane
Thu Mar 05, 2009 12:41 pm
I still have netherdrake love.

I know, I know. They're SOOOO BC.
Drathian
Thu Mar 05, 2009 1:47 pm
I was really happy with my Bronze Drake when I got it and didn't really feel the need to get a proto-drake.

Then I ran Utgarde Pinnacle on my birthday and the Blue Proto-Drake dropped and my guildies all passed as a birthday present, and I can honestly say it is by far my favorite mount.