moduspwnens wrote:It's probably because the official forums are such a terrible place, so they decided to enforce with moderation more harshly. It still doesn't help much, though.
I didn't break the forum rules.

moduspwnens wrote:It's probably because the official forums are such a terrible place, so they decided to enforce with moderation more harshly. It still doesn't help much, though.
Now instead of focusing on real world problems, our media is up in arms about the battle between a brain dead plastic barbie doll and a butthurt gay guy that makes his living making snarky comments about celebrities on the internet.
Zironic wrote:Now instead of focusing on real world problems, our media is up in arms about the battle between a brain dead plastic barbie doll and a butthurt gay guy that makes his living making snarky comments about celebrities on the internet.
Too be fair I don't think she's brain dead, she seemed to be able to communicate an order of magnitude more eloquently then Perez.
Panzerdin wrote:I find the whole issue of gay rights slightly absurd, to be honest. Homo- and Bi- sexuals already have full legal rights, what more do they want? They can't be given any more rights, because they don't not have any now.
Obrimos wrote:Panzerdin wrote:I find the whole issue of gay rights slightly absurd, to be honest. Homo- and Bi- sexuals already have full legal rights, what more do they want? They can't be given any more rights, because they don't not have any now.
They don't have full legal rights. Gays and bisexuals cannot enter into marriage with someone of the same gender. That is a full, legal corporate institution that provides both social and federal benefits, both within private affairs and financial affairs. There's many legal, industrial, financial, and social changes that happen to two parties who join in a marriage.
The problem is, this unique and powerful entity is only open to one mand and one woman joined together, no other possible combination for any willing parties.
I'd like to see both full gay rights and poly-fidellous rights.
I'd like to see both full gay rights and poly-fidellous rights.
Actually, Homosexuals and Bisexuals most certainly can enter into an institution which grants exactly the same legal status as marriage. Polyfidellous individuals, as you refer to them, admittedly can't. Then again, where I live, there are almost no such individuals, and the legal status of a marriage would be quite difficult to apply to more than 2 individuals.
Zironic wrote:I'd like to see both full gay rights and poly-fidellous rights.
Wouldn't the divorce of a poly-marriage be a headache to sort out?
Zironic wrote:Afaik they can't in large parts of the US and they can't yet in Sweden.
Obrimos wrote:Depends on what the legal statutes are in the divorce, but I see no reason why marriage, itself, needs special legal status. If people share stuff, they share stuff, whether it's in or out of marriage. I don't think it'd be any worse than roommates in a legal battle of some kind or when multiple corporations lay claim to a piece of land.
Panzerdin wrote:I find the whole issue of gay rights slightly absurd, to be honest. Homo- and Bi- sexuals already have full legal rights, what more do they want? They can't be given any more rights, because they don't not have any now.
Katraya wrote:Panzerdin wrote:I find the whole issue of gay rights slightly absurd, to be honest. Homo- and Bi- sexuals already have full legal rights, what more do they want? They can't be given any more rights, because they don't not have any now.
Actually in certain states (of the US) they are not even allowed to adopt children, under any circumstances.
Panzerdin wrote:
Just for the sake of clarity, I don't live in the US.
Flipthebird wrote:uke wrote:I voted yes. Whether you agree with her stance or not, the fact remains that she answered the question she was asked honestly, and in an un-offensive manner. The whole zealous crusade Mr. Hilton is on is making him look bad more than she.
Going back to my love for liberals (/sarcasm), there's a popular saying that "Liberals are champions of tolerance and free speech...as long as you agree with them."
You say you voted yes, but the rest of your statements sound you meant no...i r confuzzled.
I voted no. She was just saying what she believed.
Tev wrote:Separation of Church and State, constitutionally this can't happen, then again the Constitution is treated like toilet
paper by most law br.. err makers these days.
Honorshammer wrote:Care to show me where in the Constituition you find the words Seperation of Church and State?
I'll give you a hint, it's not in there. The phrase actually comes from the writings of Thomas Jefferson who was talking about a building a wall for the Seperation of Church and State so to protection the Church from interference from the State. The Framers weren't concerned at all about the Church's influence on the State but on the State's influence and regulation upon the Church.
Arnock wrote:From what I understand, they didn't want the state controlling the church, nor the church controlling the state. Basically they didn't want what happened with the Catholic church or the church of England. Don't think they had much of an issue with religion affecting oppinions or whatnot.
aranil wrote:Most law makers and voters back then where of the same church, or near enough. There wasn't a half as many churches viving for powers and such
Wikipedia wrote:Religion
Lambert (2003) has examined the religious affiliations and beliefs of the Founders. Some of the 1787 delegates had no affiliation. The others were Protestants except for three Roman Catholics: C. Carroll, D. Carroll, and Fitzsimons. Among the Protestant delegates to the Constitutional Convention, 28 were Church of England (Episcopalian, after the Revolutionary War was won), eight were Presbyterians, seven were Congregationalists, two were Lutherans, two were Dutch Reformed, and two were Methodists, the total number being 49. Some of the more prominent Founding Fathers were anti-clerical or vocal about their opposition to organized religion, such as Thomas Jefferson[10][11] (who created the "Jefferson Bible"), and Benjamin Franklin[12]. However, other notable founders, such as Patrick Henry, were strong proponents of traditional religion. Several of the Founding Fathers considered themselves to be deists or held beliefs very similar to that of deists.[13]
Katraya wrote:Panzerdin wrote:
Just for the sake of clarity, I don't live in the US.
I am well aware of that. perhaps, for the sake of clarity, you should amend your statement to "I find the whole issue of gay rights in my country slightly absurd, to be honest. Homo- and Bi- sexuals already have full legal rights in my country, what more do they want? They can't be given any more rights, because they don't not have any now."
The topic at hand involves Miss California, who is very much a US citizen.