Skip to content
Maintankadin

Ameteur photography

Koatanga
Wed Aug 06, 2014 10:34 pm

Re: Ameteur photography

Sheesh, learn 2 sunshine.

Image
Kelerei
Fri Aug 08, 2014 1:03 am

Re: Ameteur photography

Melathys wrote:Looks a lot like the picture I took on the way to Pike's Peak in Colorado.


... and reminds me of this that I took around a month ago:

Image
Era
Fri Aug 08, 2014 10:09 am

Re: Ameteur photography

Koatanga wrote:Sheesh, learn 2 sunshine.


What is this... shun..sheen.. thing...? :/

Image
Nooska
Sat Aug 09, 2014 4:50 am

Re: Ameteur photography

haven't you guys up further north had the same crazy hot weather this july as we did?
Era
Mon Aug 18, 2014 1:19 pm

Re: Ameteur photography

Nooska wrote:haven't you guys up further north had the same crazy hot weather this july as we did?


Yeah you're right, been a pretty serious summer!

Also, expect more pictures soon - moving to Japan for 4-5 months next week!
Era
Fri Nov 28, 2014 1:10 am

Re: Ameteur photography

Completely forgot about this thread. Anyway, I'll just drop this here: https://www.flickr.com/photos/evebringer/

Some of them with decent composition and post-processing, some of them without. Sadly don't have a lot of time to sit down and tinker with my photos, so sometimes I grab a random few and toss them up without much thought, just so I have something to show the folks back home.

Speaking of back home:
http://www.boredpanda.com/norway-landscape-photography/
Come over sometime. We got snow and things.
Koatanga
Mon Dec 15, 2014 3:20 pm

Re: Ameteur photography

I replaced my Nikon D80 with a D5300. The biggest difference I notice is in low-light performance. Granted the following is not perfect, but it's a hell of a lot better than the D80 could ever do. This is a no-flash shot taken inside a museum:

Image
Koatanga
Sun Feb 08, 2015 4:11 pm

Re: Ameteur photography

Another example of a shot my old camera was incapable of:

Image

The combination of long focal length (200mm), inefficiency of the lens (f1:5.6 at that zoom for the 55-200 AF-S ED VR) and fast shutter speed (1/2000) would not have given the old D80 enough light and I would have artifacts all over the place. D5300 just took it in stride and gave me a nice photo. Not perfect by any means, but not bad for a $100 lens. For scale, that rocket is around 4m tall.
fuzzygeek
Sat Feb 28, 2015 1:50 am

Re: Ameteur photography

Image

The local greenery is anxious for spring, looks like.
Koatanga
Mon Mar 16, 2015 3:57 am

Re: Ameteur photography

I was absolutely rapt with this picture of my daughter waiting for a ride to start at our local fair. No editing has been done other than resizing when uploading to Facebook. No cropping, colour balance, etc. I love the way she is nice and sharp while all the chaos of the surrounding fair is blurred. Her neutral expression also creates a juxtaposition with the excitement and colour around her. I'm really happy with it.

Image
Nooska
Mon Mar 16, 2015 11:48 pm

Re: Ameteur photography

*like*
Era
Sat Apr 11, 2015 4:54 am

Re: Ameteur photography

My girlfriend's 6 year old sister in her dad's welding gear. Ridiculously adorable.

Image