KysenMurrin
Sat Jun 06, 2015 1:15 am
Re: Whatcha readin'?
Currently reading The Familiar volume 1, by Mark Z Danielewski. Also listening to Jingo by Terry Pratchett.

Era wrote:Next up is a book I've been meaning to read for the longest time: Green Hills of Africa by Hemingway!
Era wrote:Next up is a book I've been meaning to read for the longest time: Green Hills of Africa by Hemingway!
Nooska wrote:still on book 1 of ASOIAF - can't remember what its called (I wanna say Game of Thrones, but I'm thinking I'm influenced by the TV series etc)
Era wrote:Just finished The Martian by Andy Weir. Really enjoyed it. (Y) Movie looks... okay. Official teaser trailer stupidly spoilery. That's not a teaser, it's full on frontal. What's with movie companies seemingly thinking trailers have to be 3 minute summaries of the entire movie these days?
Arnock wrote:As much as a lot of people hate them, marketing data shows that the spoileriffic trailers draw bigger crowds. Studios wouldn't use them if they didn't know they work.
Era wrote:Eh, comics are stories too! They've just got more space between the words and more informative illustrations.
Pfife wrote:At this point I think I'll read a suggestion. I've been meaning to read some Lovecraft and want to get a collection off the Google store, but don't know which one I should go for. Anybody in the thread want to point me to a book that will keep me up at night?
Klaudandus wrote:At the mountains of madness, the dunwich horror and of course the call of cthulhu