Skip to content
Maintankadin

Where are you from? Where have you been?

TonicTank
Fri Jul 24, 2009 6:45 pm

Re: Where are you from? Where have you been?

Passionario wrote:
TonicTank wrote:A handful of our states are infact as big as your countries. I have been to a ton of cities in europe as well. I could list all the cities I have been to and probably get banned from the forums for an excessive post.

*wonder which American state is as big as Russia*

That was directed towards Europe. Russia is in Asia last time I checked... :?
Snake-Aes
Fri Jul 24, 2009 6:48 pm

Re: Where are you from? Where have you been?

TonicTank wrote:
Passionario wrote:
TonicTank wrote:A handful of our states are infact as big as your countries. I have been to a ton of cities in europe as well. I could list all the cities I have been to and probably get banned from the forums for an excessive post.

*wonder which American state is as big as Russia*

That was directed towards Europe. Russia is in Asia last time I checked... :?

Russia has both an european and an asian part, both quite large too.
TonicTank
Fri Jul 24, 2009 6:53 pm

Re: Where are you from? Where have you been?

Snake-Aes wrote:Russia has both an european and an asian part, both quite large too.

Explain, so where would it be in Europe? Scandinavia is the only place I can think of that comes close but I will consult a map. I haven't look at one in a while so maybe I forgot?
Snake-Aes
Fri Jul 24, 2009 6:56 pm

Re: Where are you from? Where have you been?

Image

Moscow, for example, is in the european side of Russia, iirc.
TonicTank
Fri Jul 24, 2009 8:42 pm

Re: Where are you from? Where have you been?

I guess I was taught wrong. I wasn't aware that it has two different sections, I always thought since a majority of it's mass was in Asia it was considered an Asian country.

Wouldn't be the first time I was wrong. Thanks for teaching me something new.
Fridmarr
Fri Jul 24, 2009 9:11 pm

Re: Where are you from? Where have you been?

Isetnefret wrote:Boo! Hiss!!!


The SEC is the most overrated football conference there is, despite Florida. (Sure, they play other sports, but don't get nearly the fan-fare).

If Texas had not been robbed last year..........


This year will hopefully be quite different.

As much of an MU fan as I am, I think Texas is going to win the Big 12, and play for the National Championship.
Uh, the most overrated conference year in and year out is by far the Big 12. Sorry, you can't route teams and score 60 points every week in a tough conference. The good teams in the Big 12 are as good as any team anywhere, but the depth isn't comparable to the SEC. I actually don't like the SEC though, having lived there for half a dozen years, and I'm a Penn State (and therefore Big 10) fan, but in the last 5 years or so the SEC has stepped up their game a bit.

I grew up in Pennsylvania and now live Washington state. I've lived for some time in pretty much every region of the country, and honestly I've found that despite how much each region likes to think they are different and better, they are all pretty much exactly the same. Probably the affect of consuming the same mass media constantly.
Aelissa
Mon Jul 27, 2009 10:30 am

Re: Where are you from? Where have you been?

I have to chime in with a pet peeve here. I notice a number of you file "Holland" under your countries visited, and you're probably right in that you've visited either North- or South-Holland, or both; but technically, the country itself is called the Netherlands. It is a common error, one made by Dutch people themselves as well (especially by those coming from the Holland provinces). Historically, Holland has been the largest and most influential province in the Netherlands (so much so that after the French occupation the province was split in two so that it would no longer dominate the other provinces). It is because of this that in many countries the term Holland became synonymous with the Netherlands as a whole.
Wrakken
Mon Jul 27, 2009 12:57 pm

Re: Where are you from? Where have you been?

from

Spain (Basque Country, bet you europeans have heard of it...)

been

France
Italy
Germany
Greece
Crete
Turkey (too brief)
Belgium
Switzerland
England
Spain (mostly north)
US (Niagara falls)
Canada (Toronto <3)

I think that pretty much sums it.