Skip to content
Maintankadin

New Anime Season

Klaudandus
Thu Apr 03, 2014 5:14 pm

Re: New Anime Season

Senketsu!

Also, the Gamako shipping is adorable, even if I cannot stand Mako
Fivelives
Fri Apr 04, 2014 3:47 pm

Re: New Anime Season

Arjuna wrote:I just watched the first two episodes of Nobunaga the Fool...

...I have never EVER witnessed such a massive amount of namedropping in an anime series before!!!


I tried explaining the premise of the first episode to a friend, here's how that conversation went:

Me: "So King Arthur sends Joan d'Arc and Leonardo DaVinci to Japan during the Warring States period, via Magellan's spaceship, to help Nobunaga unite the states. And of course everyone fights with giant robots, because Japan."
Him: "Nobunaga the Fool. I'm aware."

And I think Gamako is a canon ship, isn't it?
Klaudandus
Fri Apr 04, 2014 5:37 pm

Re: New Anime Season

Yep. It's canon, still as cute as Gamako shipping is, still cannot stand Mako.
Arjuna
Sat Apr 05, 2014 10:48 am

Re: New Anime Season

Fivelives wrote:
Arjuna wrote:I just watched the first two episodes of Nobunaga the Fool...

...I have never EVER witnessed such a massive amount of namedropping in an anime series before!!!


I tried explaining the premise of the first episode to a friend, here's how that conversation went:

Me: "So King Arthur sends Joan d'Arc and Leonardo DaVinci to Japan during the Warring States period, via Magellan's spaceship, to help Nobunaga unite the states. And of course everyone fights with giant robots, because Japan."
Him: "Nobunaga the Fool. I'm aware."

Yeah, and then Julius Ceasar goes after them after a meeting at the round table where also Alexander the great is present...

...it was hilarious but not interesting enough to warrant more episodes on my hard drive...
Fivelives
Sat Apr 05, 2014 8:18 pm

Re: New Anime Season

It's on Crunchyroll for free.
Arjuna
Wed Apr 09, 2014 5:09 pm

Re: New Anime Season

Hahaha
Sagara
Wed Apr 09, 2014 11:09 pm

Re: New Anime Season

Fun fact: I tried showing Kill la Kill at the spousal unit. She grundingly played along until ~ 20 mins in (you don't get cookies for guessing why).
Anyway, that means I'vs soldiered on when everybody's asleep, which doubly annoys me as the scenario keeps living up to my expectations. To give you an idea, I've just finished Ep 17, a.k.a. OMFG Satsuki for president of all the things.
fuzzygeek
Tue Apr 29, 2014 10:18 pm

Re: New Anime Season

Just mainlined Shin Sekai Yori. Holy shit.
Sagara
Mon May 05, 2014 2:57 pm

Re: New Anime Season

Trailer for the new Kenshin movie. Hype-o-meter [--|-------]

Kyoto Hen. Hype-o-meter [------|---]

Sojiro pops up. Hype-o-meter [-------|-]

AOSHI? Sojiro. OKINAAAAAA??? Hype-o-meter [----------]--------------|
Sagara
Thu Sep 04, 2014 1:10 am

Re: New Anime Season

Forgive the double post.

Kill la kill special episode is out. I'll avoid spoils but let's tease a bit:

Ryuko vs Satsuki - FINAL ROUND!
More custom DTR!
A vilain RETURNS!
One of the most prevalent fan theory is CONFIRMED!
DON'T LOSE YOUR WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY!

And a couple spoilerish images:

http://i.imgur.com/AwVKEHn.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/eXme7Pb.jpg
Arjuna
Wed Sep 17, 2014 8:36 am

Re: New Anime Season

...sooo Aldnoah? :)
Arjuna
Tue Sep 23, 2014 3:36 pm

Re: New Anime Season

Arjuna wrote:...sooo Aldnoah? :)

No no no no no, you CANNOT end a season like that!!! It's not allowed! It must be criminal or something... :(
Klaudandus
Tue Sep 23, 2014 3:54 pm

Re: New Anime Season

my friend is having a fit over the really short Tokyo Ghoul season. I also think that Zankyou no Terror is also gonna be a short season.