Skip to content
Maintankadin

Salvia Divinorum

Dracora
Fri Apr 17, 2009 2:11 pm

Salvia Divinorum

Has anyone done this before?

I bought some online and it finally arrived. Not sure what exactly to expect, but I am feeling a bit nervous from the videos (think youtube) and "guides" that I've read.

Website for some information if you haven't:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Salvia_divinorum
Amarant_Pally
Fri Apr 17, 2009 2:28 pm

Re: Salvia

If you've ever smoked marijuana, it's a lot like that. Except (if you do it right), smoking salvia seemed (to me) much more "intense" of a "high", that only lasts for about a minute.

One thing you might want to prepare for: most people lean to one side, and eventually fall over. It's quite funny; so sit some place you won't hurt yourself. ;)
Panzerdin
Fri Apr 17, 2009 2:30 pm

Re: Salvia

Which Salvia are you talking about here? There are quite a number.
Amarant_Pally
Fri Apr 17, 2009 2:32 pm

Re: Salvia

Well, my initial guess was "divinorum," which as far as I know, is the only one that can get you "high."

To elaborate a bit more, it's called a "hallucinogenic" drug, but I just felt eeeeextreeeemely stoned for about a minute. Most of how drugs affect you, anyway, are what you have preconceived in your head.
Dracora
Fri Apr 17, 2009 2:36 pm

Re: Salvia

Panzerdin wrote:Which Salvia are you talking about here? There are quite a number.


My apologies, let me go look up the name.
Dracora
Fri Apr 17, 2009 2:38 pm

Re: Salvia

Amarant_Pally wrote:Well, my initial guess was "divinorum," which as far as I know, is the only one that can get you "high."

To elaborate a bit more, it's called a "hallucinogenic" drug, but I just felt eeeeextreeeemely stoned for about a minute. Most of how drugs affect you, anyway, are what you have preconceived in your head.


I'm not sure what to expect, but I do feel nervous a little bit.
Amarant_Pally
Fri Apr 17, 2009 2:39 pm

Re: Salvia

I just looked up a few YouTube videos, since you mentioned watching them and getting "nervous." Not a single time I have smoked salvia have I or anyone around me acted like that. Again, drugs affect different people in different ways, and a lot of this is because how each person expects the drug to affect them. But these could also be cases of people wanting to make "funny" YouTube videos, as well. ;)
Dracora
Fri Apr 17, 2009 2:44 pm

Re: Salvia Divinorum

I agree with your last sentence. I was nervous when I first did shrooms but that was really fun. Same with chronic and getting drunk. But I get off work soon so when I get something to eat I'm going to do it with a buddy of mine.
Amarant_Pally
Fri Apr 17, 2009 2:56 pm

Re: Salvia Divinorum

Well, shrooms are inherently dangerous all on their own (bad ones vs. good ones). You shold always be nervous (and prepared) when eating shrooms.
Aalryn
Fri Apr 17, 2009 4:00 pm

Re: Salvia Divinorum

I did salvia once about 5 years ago. It was some insane shit. I'll describe what happened to me.

First things started spinning.. but not how things normally spin. It was like I was falling backwards forever. I was laughing uncontrollably. I have never laughed that hard in my life. As the spinning got faster everything went black. I no longer had a body. I was floating around in darkness. I saw what seemed to be a filing cabinet or card catalog of various memories from my past in the form of photographs. Every time I picked one up, I relived the memory. This seemed to be an eternity. I started to wonder If i would find the picture of the reality I came from and if that really was the real world. What would happen if i couldn't find it? Would I become stuck in another reality? As I was looking for the picture I heard voices saying to wiggle my fingers. It was then I realized I didn't have any. I finally figured out how to wiggle them and thats when i started to come to again. As it wore off The spinning came back and I found myself in the same room as i came from with all of my friends laughing their asses off watching me unknowingly move around and flail my arms around.

All of this happened in about 5 minutes. Afterwards is a relaxing body high.

Was it fun? Hell yes. Would I suggest it to anyone else? meh if you want to experience some fucked up shit. Would i do it again? Not in a hurry to and haven't since then. I just dont see how or why anyone would use this on a regular basis.

As far as me? I've done just about every drug in my past (except anything you have to inject), but never did any regularly. Hell in my hayday i bought a dime-bag of weed. It took me -6 months- to go through it all. I'm FAAAAR from a druggie, but not afraid to try something once and make my own opinion of it.

If you've ever smoked marijuana, it's a lot like that


umm no. it's COMPLETELY different than pot. If you wanted to make a comparison like that... it's about as much like pot as mescaline is. If it felt like pot for you then you must have gotten the weakest of it available. There are several grades of dosage. Since I don't do drugs more than once or twice, when I do them I go for the full effect.

I did it with a few friends.. my gf didn't know what the hell was going on and ended up kicking the living room table over. My friend thought he was floating through space and kept commenting on the stars and planets. My other friend thought he was sinking on the titanic. Individual results may vary.
Constantíne
Sat Apr 18, 2009 7:40 am

Re: Salvia Divinorum

I have never personally tried it. A friend of mine, however, has both smoked it and chewed it. Smoking it will likely produce an effect similar to the one that Aalyrn described, although everyone is diffrent. My friend says that he will never smoke it again, but he likes to chew it when he's got some thinking to do. He says it produces a very mellow and introspective kind of high that helps him really get in to his own head. The way I am describing it sounds like I could be talking about LSD, but he says its way milder than that.

Might be worth a try, if your inclined towards such things.
Threatco
Sat Apr 18, 2009 6:48 pm

Re: Salvia Divinorum

I didn't like it.


3 times. leaf and 10x extract
guillex
Sat Apr 18, 2009 8:37 pm

Re: Salvia Divinorum

Dracora wrote:I agree with your last sentence. I was nervous when I first did shrooms but that was really fun. Same with chronic and getting drunk. But I get off work soon so when I get something to eat I'm going to do it with a buddy of mine.


I've done shrooms ... Ended up staring at a TV in a cabin up north for about half an hour, watching a comedy... Which was actually the TV showing snow, because they didn't get any channels.

Pot, I can't stand.

I've done hash, which I loved doing. People say it's akin to pot, but it really isn't. It's a lot smoother, less of a drag, and doesn't drag you down afterwards.

Haven't done much else, other than that. Hope you enjoy(ed) the Salvia... Write back and let us know how it went.
Dracora
Mon Apr 20, 2009 7:54 am

Re: Salvia Divinorum

Guillex wrote:Haven't done much else, other than that. Hope you enjoy(ed) the Salvia... Write back and let us know how it went.


Well over the weekend me and my buddy did the full gram of it. Not all in one night. Has anyone seen the movie Bladerunner? It was made in the 1980s with Harrison Ford.

On my first trip, my vision completely failed me and I was in the world of Bladerunner. I was overlooking a city (I don't know which one) and I was seeing cars flying by (like StarWars 2) and people talking but I couldn't hear what they were saying. I couldn't feel my body at this point. I thought I was moving but I wasn't. It was really weird. I wouldn't describe my first trip as good or bad. This was nothing like doing chronic other than smoking it from my bong. I then stared into my poster which shows a variety of chronic plants. I could see different levels within levels. Again, it seemed like I went back to Bladerunner. I felt like I had a much deeper understanding of the world around me.

When my buddy did a bowl after me, he said he could see his and my auras around each other.

Later that night I wanted to do a bowl with just me around and no one to laugh or mess up the trip for me. As I previously stated, I just seemed to have a much more philosophical understanding of the world around me.

I ordered a gram of 60x extract. I want something more intense, I want to go deeper than where I was. So, we'll find out in another week to two weeks how it'll go and if I'll enjoy it as much as I did the 10x extract.