Skip to content
Maintankadin

HEY YOU THERE, I NEED THIS TANK MOVED

Wachter
Thu Jul 23, 2009 9:46 pm

HEY YOU THERE, I NEED THIS TANK MOVED

Long time no see, I've been in BMT
Too long ive been out of the game
But I'll still whoop yall just the same




IM BAAAAAAAAAAAACK
mew
Thu Jul 23, 2009 9:48 pm

Re: HEY YOU THERE, I NEED THIS TANK MOVED

BMT?
I think you mean BLT.
bub64882
Thu Jul 23, 2009 10:19 pm

Re: HEY YOU THERE, I NEED THIS TANK MOVED

Welcome back! I missed your Avatar, which makes me lol every time I see it.
Spectrum
Fri Jul 24, 2009 12:19 am

Re: HEY YOU THERE, I NEED THIS TANK MOVED

Oh crap! It's Wachter.

So, this Basic Military Training, how basic is it? Are they trying to teach you FCFS rotations, or are they up to using BoSanc appropriately?

Hope it's all going well over there.
Khadis
Fri Jul 24, 2009 10:36 am

Re: HEY YOU THERE, I NEED THIS TANK MOVED

Ahhh BMT....the yelling, the running, the perfect folded pairs of underwear, The smell of fresh tear gas in you nose, the early morning serenade of Revielle, The loving embrace of the earth as you low crawl.

Good times.

Congratulations on Graduating. Wheres your follow on?
Grenmaju
Fri Jul 24, 2009 10:42 am

Re: HEY YOU THERE, I NEED THIS TANK MOVED

oh god hes bac..... oh hai!

welcome back in to the interwebs
TonicTank
Fri Jul 24, 2009 12:15 pm

Re: HEY YOU THERE, I NEED THIS TANK MOVED

Khadis wrote:Ahhh BMT....the yelling, the running, the perfect folded pairs of underwear, The smell of fresh tear gas in you nose, the early morning serenade of Revielle, The loving embrace of the earth as you low crawl.

Good times.

Congratulations on Graduating. Wheres your follow on?


That almost made me miss it. Then I woke up and realized it's 137 degrees outside..
Lusei
Fri Jul 24, 2009 12:19 pm

Re: HEY YOU THERE, I NEED THIS TANK MOVED

I sense a disturbance in the force.

:shock:

Welcome back.
Snake-Aes
Fri Jul 24, 2009 12:21 pm

Re: HEY YOU THERE, I NEED THIS TANK MOVED

TonicTank wrote:
Khadis wrote:Ahhh BMT....the yelling, the running, the perfect folded pairs of underwear, The smell of fresh tear gas in you nose, the early morning serenade of Revielle, The loving embrace of the earth as you low crawl.

Good times.

Congratulations on Graduating. Wheres your follow on?


That almost made me miss it. Then I woke up and realized it's 137 degrees outside..

"loving embrace of the earth as you low crawl".
That's not a loving embrace. That's you crawling on mud.
I hate advertisements.
TonicTank
Fri Jul 24, 2009 12:32 pm

Re: HEY YOU THERE, I NEED THIS TANK MOVED

Snake-Aes wrote:"loving embrace of the earth as you low crawl".
That's not a loving embrace. That's you crawling on mud.
I hate advertisements.


Kind of like smelling the cool salty breeze of the ocean only to realize that you do infact work on a trash barge in California? Some days not even a cup of coffee helps you cope with life lol.
Snake-Aes
Fri Jul 24, 2009 12:44 pm

Re: HEY YOU THERE, I NEED THIS TANK MOVED

My problem with advertisements is that they sell feelings that aren't really there.
Crawling on mud is not glorious, it's wet. Crawling on mud is not a loving embrace, it's mud all over your skin. Likely with a few creeps.
Combat is not glorious, it's deadly.

There are good consequences to military training, namely discipline and camaraderie, but that is not because "You have experienced the soft embrace of earth". It's because you had to do it or face worse consequences.
TonicTank
Fri Jul 24, 2009 12:50 pm

Re: HEY YOU THERE, I NEED THIS TANK MOVED

Snake-Aes wrote:My problem with advertisements is that they sell feelings that aren't really there.
Crawling on mud is not glorious, it's wet. Crawling on mud is not a loving embrace, it's mud all over your skin. Likely with a few creeps.
Combat is not glorious, it's deadly.

There are good consequences to military training, namely discipline and camaraderie, but that is not because "You have experienced the soft embrace of earth". It's because you had to do it or face worse consequences.

Very true. I have been in for a while and I do have to admit, I like the mud, it's quite fun. I don't know why but I enjoy the fun stuff like that, running around getting flithy while shooting pointless targets. It gets you adrenalline pumping.
Isetnefret
Fri Jul 24, 2009 2:06 pm

Re: HEY YOU THERE, I NEED THIS TANK MOVED

I would imagine, that for some, military training and service gives you a sense that there's something out there more important than yourself.
Snake-Aes
Fri Jul 24, 2009 2:12 pm

Re: HEY YOU THERE, I NEED THIS TANK MOVED

Isetnefret wrote:I would imagine, that for some, military training and service gives you a sense that there's something out there more important than yourself.

That tends to be a pretty dangerous sensation. Someone cheerful/accommodated would think they are "Improving the whole with their personal contribution". Someone more depressed or uncomfortable with social paradigms would instead feel insignificant and replaceable.
TonicTank
Fri Jul 24, 2009 2:16 pm

Re: HEY YOU THERE, I NEED THIS TANK MOVED

Snake-Aes wrote:
Isetnefret wrote:I would imagine, that for some, military training and service gives you a sense that there's something out there more important than yourself.

That tends to be a pretty dangerous sensation. Someone cheerful/accommodated would think they are "Improving the whole with their personal contribution". Someone more depressed or uncomfortable with social paradigms would instead feel insignificant and replaceable.

That is the theory behind it. They want you to see it as everyone is a group, the group is whole. Not you are a single person in a group. Teamwork is one of our biggest roots, it prevails everytime.