Skip to content
Maintankadin

Glee

Threatco
Thu Jan 07, 2010 10:02 pm

Glee

It's my new favorite show. It is a 1 hour hybrid of musical/drama/comedy

Image
I love the relationship dynamics. I love the song and dance. And I have a bit of a celebrity crush on Rachel, the female vocal lead.

Image



Sometimes parts of it make me wonder about how it was written. Spoiler

Like how kurt's dad goes from taking his car away for finding his tiara collection to all of a sudden accepting that he was gay, seemed a bit of a leap, but I can forgive them.

Any one else like this show or have any thoughts about it?
Sabindeus
Thu Jan 07, 2010 10:08 pm

Re: Glee

i have watched way too much of this show because my roommate is into it and I swear to god it killed my braincells
cerwillis
Fri Jan 08, 2010 8:53 am

Re: Glee

Mods, please add "I would rather poke out my eyeballs with a rusty icepick" choice. The girl is kinda hot though, so I guess my vote is CBH/PIE
Arcand
Fri Jan 08, 2010 9:50 am

Re: Glee

Lea's great, but it is Jenna Ushkowitz who haunts my dreams*.

My wife and I are following it, and about half of the hits on their YouTube rendition of Jump are from me.

Tangent: I remember when Mike Straczynski was doing Babylon 5, and he said he was making no effort at all to match characters' ethnicities with their names, on the grounds that in a few centuries we'll be pretty well homogenized - for example, he had an officer named MacTaggert who was black. I was reminded of that prediction when I saw Jenna's name, and again when I saw that the young Kiko in Ninja Assassin was played by one Kylie Goldstein.

* Also Puck, but let's not dwell on that.