Does anyone else watch or like American Idol?
My mom got me in to it, it's kind of something that I watch so I can talk about it with her and her friends. It's pretty entertaining though.
You get some cool people like this guy from this week's episode - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Am-Y5DVjZIA
I haven't done any research on it, but I imagine that he was one of those people that was there with someone else and was seen by a producer or someone that made him go in front of the judges (there is no way he would have actually gotten to "try out" with how old he is).
When it gets in to the voting part it gets a bit dumb because a lot of good/better singers get kicked off. But if they are good then they still get record deals. The guy that won last season is from a town 30 minutes from my parents' place; my older brother knew Kris Allen's cousin, my brother said it was so annoying because every voting night the guy would text all of his friends asking them to vote. We weren't a fan of him though, he is a good singer but he is very generic and kind of boring.
I am actually quite disappointed at Adam Lambert's first album, I was hoping he would do something awesome (I loved his rendition of the Ring of Fire song, it sounded nothing like the original but it was awesome).
I'm excited about X Factor coming to the US, I will have to watch it. Any of you Brits on here have opinions, thoughts, or information about the show?
Vanifae and I recently discovered Jersey Shore (my older brother introduced us to it), that shit is crazy. It's so hilarious, we can't get over how they dance, "You gotta tap the ground first, then fight the music!"
I'm sure some of you have seen the SNL skit - http://www.hulu.com/watch/116557/saturd ... ate-snooki
FIST PUMP!
And I know we already have a Heroes thread somewhere (I think?), but man... The season return is extremely lame. I mean, I wasn't expecting much, but damn. They have surprised me with their mediocrity. Also, all of the main characters have amassed so many emotional insecurities by now that it's just annoying.
mew
Thu Jan 14, 2010 11:52 pm
