Skip to content
Maintankadin

Toga vs. Kilt

guillex
Tue Feb 16, 2010 8:30 am

Toga vs. Kilt

Just wondering.

After a certain pic of a certain someone surfaced on a certain social networking site, I figured I'd poll the community to see who prefers which garb.

So.

Kilts or Togas?
ulushnar
Tue Feb 16, 2010 8:34 am

Re: Toga vs. Kilt

Whilst my instincts, honed by exposure to National Lampoons Animal House at an early age, demand that I shout "TOGA! TOGA!", I actually think Kilts are pretty awesome. I wish it was more socially acceptable to wear one outside of weddings and sporting events.
Talderas
Tue Feb 16, 2010 8:35 am

Re: Toga vs. Kilt

guillex wrote:Just wondering.

After a certain pic of a certain someone surfaced on a certain social networking site, I figured I'd poll the community to see who prefers which garb.

So.

Kilts or Togas?


Pics or it didn't happen.

Mayhaps I'm mistaken, but can you really compare the two? The kilt is a waist and lower garment, while the toga covers the entire body. Presumably a kilt is worn with some upper garment. If not, then I'm totally in favor of the kilt with CBH. Otherwise I'll go with Toga with CBH.

Also.... TOGA! TOGA! TOGA! TOGA!
guillex
Tue Feb 16, 2010 8:43 am

Re: Toga vs. Kilt

Talderas wrote:
guillex wrote:Just wondering.

After a certain pic of a certain someone surfaced on a certain social networking site, I figured I'd poll the community to see who prefers which garb.

So.

Kilts or Togas?


Pics or it didn't happen.

Mayhaps I'm mistaken, but can you really compare the two? The kilt is a waist and lower garment, while the toga covers the entire body. Presumably a kilt is worn with some upper garment. If not, then I'm totally in favor of the kilt with CBH. Otherwise I'll go with Toga with CBH.

Also.... TOGA! TOGA! TOGA! TOGA!


Actually...

Image

Kilts were originally made with a crap ton of extra material. Hence the plaid that gets wrapped around the upper body.

Which is pretty comparable to:

Image
ulushnar
Tue Feb 16, 2010 8:45 am

Re: Toga vs. Kilt

Yeah, half the point of the original Plaid was it could be used as a blanket at night.
Talderas
Tue Feb 16, 2010 8:48 am

Re: Toga vs. Kilt

guillex wrote:Kilts were originally made with a crap ton of extra material. Hence the plaid that gets wrapped around the upper body.


So then I would ask for clarification if you're talking about modern kilts or original kilts. I see a number of modern kilts that do not wrap around the upper body.
katraya
Tue Feb 16, 2010 8:49 am

Re: Toga vs. Kilt

I'm quite fond of a man in a kilt. Togas however conjure up mental images of corpulent Roman senators, so they're not as sexy to me. I wouldn't mind wearing one though.
guillex
Tue Feb 16, 2010 9:04 am

Re: Toga vs. Kilt

Talderas wrote:
guillex wrote:Kilts were originally made with a crap ton of extra material. Hence the plaid that gets wrapped around the upper body.


So then I would ask for clarification if you're talking about modern kilts or original kilts. I see a number of modern kilts that do not wrap around the upper body.


Just choose Pie/Cake and be done with it. :P

Kilts, as a whole. Which embodies every single incarnation of dress. Military/Formal wear will either not have a plaid, or will have one. So it really depends. It's more for show now.

But it's the entire spectrum of kilt. So when I say "kilt", it means "Braveheart/William Wallace with plaid" AND "modern no-plaid".

Enjoy the confusion which I have set forth.
Levantine
Tue Feb 16, 2010 9:08 am

Re: Toga vs. Kilt

AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAA


AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

PS. Toga.
guillex
Tue Feb 16, 2010 9:12 am

Re: Toga vs. Kilt

Levantine wrote:AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAA


AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

PS. Toga.


You're welcome :)
Levantine
Tue Feb 16, 2010 9:20 am

Re: Toga vs. Kilt

AHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH

<3

P.S. Smoulderthorn's AH is crappy. Like, ultra crappy. Like, I've never seen anything quite like it crappy.
Talderas
Tue Feb 16, 2010 9:20 am

Re: Toga vs. Kilt

guillex wrote:Just choose Pie/Cake and be done with it. :P

Kilts, as a whole. Which embodies every single incarnation of dress. Military/Formal wear will either not have a plaid, or will have one. So it really depends. It's more for show now.

But it's the entire spectrum of kilt. So when I say "kilt", it means "Braveheart/William Wallace with plaid" AND "modern no-plaid".

Enjoy the confusion which I have set forth.


Fantastic.

My vote is for katraya in a toga.
katraya
Tue Feb 16, 2010 9:24 am

Re: Toga vs. Kilt

Talderas wrote:
Fantastic.

My vote is for katraya in a toga.


Maybe for Halloween. However, I usually use that holiday as an excuse to wear either my chainmail or my wings.
Roots
Tue Feb 16, 2010 9:48 am

Re: Toga vs. Kilt

katraya wrote:
Talderas wrote:
Fantastic.

My vote is for katraya in a toga.


Maybe for Halloween. However, I usually use that holiday as an excuse to wear either my chainmail or my wings.


Technically you could pull off all three together. Sort of a 300-meets-Norse mythology Valkyrie
guillex
Tue Feb 16, 2010 10:18 am

Re: Toga vs. Kilt

katraya wrote:
Talderas wrote:
Fantastic.

My vote is for katraya in a toga.


Maybe for Halloween. However, I usually use that holiday as an excuse to wear either my chainmail or my wings.


Image

+ wings + kat

IMO.
guillex
Tue Feb 16, 2010 10:19 am

Re: Toga vs. Kilt

Levantine wrote:P.S. Smoulderthorn's AH is crappy. Like, ultra crappy. Like, I've never seen anything quite like it crappy.


Yeah. I know.

I'm tempted to have Gevlon and a couple of other start toons on Smolderthorn to see what they can do to the economy. It's ... terribad.
Talderas
Tue Feb 16, 2010 10:30 am

Re: Toga vs. Kilt

guillex wrote:Image


Disturbing image. Slender light color descending from skirt = bad.

--

guillex wrote:I'm tempted to have Gevlon and a couple of other start toons on Smolderthorn to see what they can do to the economy. It's ... terribad.


Heh, really? You want to get THE Gevlon on your server to mess with the economy?
guillex
Tue Feb 16, 2010 11:10 am

Re: Toga vs. Kilt

Talderas wrote:
guillex wrote:Image


Disturbing image. Slender light color descending from skirt = bad.


Seeing as it's a dude, I'm more than 100% sure that it's got something to do with crown molding/paint on the wall.

Talderas wrote:--

guillex wrote:I'm tempted to have Gevlon and a couple of other start toons on Smolderthorn to see what they can do to the economy. It's ... terribad.


Heh, really? You want to get THE Gevlon on your server to mess with the economy?


Go make a toon on Smolderthorn, and check out the AH.

You'll see why.

Well, ok, maybe not Gevlon. But whoever it was that stated "buy low, sell NORMAL". Him, yes. Might just balance everything out.
Talderas
Tue Feb 16, 2010 11:26 am

Re: Toga vs. Kilt

guillex wrote:Go make a toon on Smolderthorn, and check out the AH.

You'll see why.

Well, ok, maybe not Gevlon. But whoever it was that stated "buy low, sell NORMAL". Him, yes. Might just balance everything out.


Are your prices severely deflated or inflation?
guillex
Tue Feb 16, 2010 11:32 am

Re: Toga vs. Kilt

Talderas wrote:
guillex wrote:Go make a toon on Smolderthorn, and check out the AH.

You'll see why.

Well, ok, maybe not Gevlon. But whoever it was that stated "buy low, sell NORMAL". Him, yes. Might just balance everything out.


Are your prices severely deflated or inflation?


Kilts, Togas, or Cakepie!
Talderas
Tue Feb 16, 2010 11:32 am

Re: Toga vs. Kilt

guillex wrote:
Talderas wrote:
guillex wrote:Go make a toon on Smolderthorn, and check out the AH.

You'll see why.

Well, ok, maybe not Gevlon. But whoever it was that stated "buy low, sell NORMAL". Him, yes. Might just balance everything out.


Are your prices severely deflated or inflation?


Kilts, Togas, or Cakepie!


I cast my vote! kat in a toga!

Inflated or Deflated!
guillex
Tue Feb 16, 2010 12:17 pm

Re: Toga vs. Kilt

I haven't been scanning as of late... After I sold my last batch of belt buckles I kinda stepped back... I wasn't making much cash, and didn't have any decent flow of product to get on the market.

It's pretty deflated.
katraya
Tue Feb 16, 2010 12:18 pm

Re: Toga vs. Kilt

guillex wrote:I haven't been scanning as of late... After I sold my last batch of belt buckles I kinda stepped back... I wasn't making much cash, and didn't have any decent flow of product to get on the market.

It's pretty deflated.


I was quite disappointed in the lack of ridiculously priced low level herbs. MY DK is a flower picker and I had hoped they'd make my life a bit easier.