Skip to content
Maintankadin

What are YOU listening to?

Invisusira
Thu Dec 08, 2011 7:44 am

What are YOU listening to?

We've got a huge variety of people from all wakes of life on this board; what's everyone's current fix? Post a screenshot of playlist, list a band/album, whatever you want.

I don't typically listen to my entire library, I have a playlist that I keep at about 40 of whatever my flavor of the week/month songs are. Here it is right now:

Image

So, what are YOU listening to?
Barathorn
Thu Dec 08, 2011 7:58 am

Re: What are YOU listening to?

An odd silence other than me typing as the office is empty.

My kind of music.
Jeremoot
Thu Dec 08, 2011 7:59 am

Re: What are YOU listening to?

Led Zeppelin on shuffle.
Skye1013
Thu Dec 08, 2011 8:03 am

Re: What are YOU listening to?

iPod currently contains music from most of the first two seasons of Glee.
lythac
Thu Dec 08, 2011 8:06 am

Re: What are YOU listening to?

Currently I am listening to Electric Six. Am going to see them play tonight.
katraya
Thu Dec 08, 2011 8:10 am

Re: What are YOU listening to?

A playlist on Google Music primarily consisting of Florence and the Machine with a bit of Adele, Kate Nash, and Lily Allen mixed in.
KysenMurrin
Thu Dec 08, 2011 8:41 am

Re: What are YOU listening to?

These days I mostly just use a playlist which has the majority of my music in it on random. Though I have been listening to a lot of Washington.

Recently rediscovered my old Blink 182 albums when I realised they were never copied onto my PC, but haven't been playing them all that much.
cerwillis
Thu Dec 08, 2011 10:45 am

Re: What are YOU listening to?

Invis, I'm curious if you have any music that is completely acoustic/analog. Not a dig on your taste, just an extreme contrast to my collection where digi music is in the minority.

Heres a grooveshark playlist I made recently. WARNING: CONTAINS (some) OLD MUSIC!!!

http://grooveshark.com/playlist/Songs+F ... V/60773253
amh
Thu Dec 08, 2011 3:51 pm

Re: What are YOU listening to?

I'm terrible. Whenever I find a tune I like, I tend to listen to it 10+ times in a row (795 and counting for Serj Tankian's Sky Is Over, though fortunately not in a row). I'm also too lazy to make any kind of decent playlist. Search for artist, hit play, lean back and enjoy.

Image
http://www.last.fm/user/amhisnice
Ghastard
Thu Dec 08, 2011 9:51 pm

Re: What are YOU listening to?

Monday Morning Podcast....from Bill Burr
bldavis
Thu Dec 08, 2011 10:42 pm

Re: What are YOU listening to?

right now the crackling before we pull Ultraxion waiting for someone to get back from being afk
Arnock
Thu Dec 08, 2011 10:49 pm

Re: What are YOU listening to?

I usually don't really listen to playlists, I prefer listening to one album at a time.

Lately, I've mostly been listening to Theocracy's new album.


Image
Zonzede
Fri Dec 09, 2011 4:28 am

Re: What are YOU listening to?

Image
Recently discovered, and really dig it.
Lexica_Wildhammer
Fri Dec 09, 2011 4:52 am

Re: What are YOU listening to?

Glamazon by Rupaul and Talk that Talk by Rihanna :-)
degre
Fri Dec 09, 2011 5:14 am

Re: What are YOU listening to?

Overall:
Image


today:
Image
Invisusira
Fri Dec 09, 2011 7:25 am

Re: What are YOU listening to?

cerwillis wrote:Invis, I'm curious if you have any music that is completely acoustic/analog. Not a dig on your taste, just an extreme contrast to my collection where digi music is in the minority.

Heres a grooveshark playlist I made recently. WARNING: CONTAINS (some) OLD MUSIC!!!

http://grooveshark.com/playlist/Songs+F ... V/60773253

Oh absolutely. In addition to plenty of older classics, straight piano and classical guitar in particular rank quite highly. Not to mention symphonic stuff, which I guess is technically acoustic.

...welp, I was going to be all "here's my top 10 all-time played songs, this should have some more classic stuff in it" but it doesn't, lol. At least not "classic = non-electronic elements classic."
Image
Apparently Danny Howells is still the reigning champion, which is pretty impressive because I don't think I've listened to that album in years.

Arnock wrote:Theocracy

Totally read that as "Theorycraft."
Nikachelle
Fri Dec 09, 2011 7:29 am

Re: What are YOU listening to?

amh wrote:I'm terrible. Whenever I find a tune I like, I tend to listen to it 10+ times in a row (795 and counting for Serj Tankian's Sky Is Over, though fortunately not in a row).

We're exceptionally guilty of this. It's not unheard of for us to play the same song for about two to three hours straight. (Which, thankfully, we both enjoy... for most people this would drive them absolutely bonkers.) Current culprit for this is VNV Nation - Illusion.
Brutalicus
Fri Dec 09, 2011 8:28 am

Re: What are YOU listening to?

I found some awesome music this week. You know the most recent DC Universe Online commercial? I Googled it because the song was catchy, and I ended up buying the CD immediately after listening to 3 or 4 songs. It's definitely different than my usual fare, maybe just because it's so catchy. Here's my favorite track from the disc; it's a cover of The Cure's "Burn" which was on the soundtrack for The Crow (great movie, different thread).
Image

Also, I found out Mastodon had a new CD! Long story short, it's awesome.
Image
Arnock
Fri Dec 09, 2011 10:20 am

Re: What are YOU listening to?

Nikachelle wrote:
amh wrote:I'm terrible. Whenever I find a tune I like, I tend to listen to it 10+ times in a row (795 and counting for Serj Tankian's Sky Is Over, though fortunately not in a row).

We're exceptionally guilty of this. It's not unheard of for us to play the same song for about two to three hours straight. (Which, thankfully, we both enjoy... for most people this would drive them absolutely bonkers.) Current culprit for this is VNV Nation - Illusion.




Guilty as well, it's even happened with another song from the same album.
Nikachelle
Fri Dec 09, 2011 10:30 am

Re: What are YOU listening to?

Arnock wrote:
Nikachelle wrote:
amh wrote:I'm terrible. Whenever I find a tune I like, I tend to listen to it 10+ times in a row (795 and counting for Serj Tankian's Sky Is Over, though fortunately not in a row).

We're exceptionally guilty of this. It's not unheard of for us to play the same song for about two to three hours straight. (Which, thankfully, we both enjoy... for most people this would drive them absolutely bonkers.) Current culprit for this is VNV Nation - Illusion.




Guilty as well, it's even happened with another song from the same album.

Funny you should mention that one, I've had Illusion and Nemesis on loop with a couple others for a few days now.
Invisusira
Fri Dec 09, 2011 10:40 am

Re: What are YOU listening to?

Brutalicus wrote:I found some awesome music this week. You know the most recent DC Universe Online commercial? I Googled it because the song was catchy, and I ended up buying the CD immediately after listening to 3 or 4 songs. It's definitely different than my usual fare, maybe just because it's so catchy. Here's my favorite track from the disc; it's a cover of The Cure's "Burn" which was on the soundtrack for The Crow (great movie, different thread).

and it's feat. Apoptygma Berzerk holy shit I love you

and yeah we just saw VNV live, so that was amazing.
2 minutes in - hey these guys are pretty cool live
5 minutes in - oh wow they're already playing Space and Time, I hope there's a lot of other good stuff to look forward to
2 hours 30 minutes in - I LOVE EVERYONE IN THIS ROOM
Flex
Fri Dec 09, 2011 10:57 am

Re: What are YOU listening to?

Image

Apparently I really like BT.
Invisusira
Fri Dec 09, 2011 1:29 pm

Re: What are YOU listening to?

Apparently you have good taste in electronic music. (note: that was actually not sarcasm)
Kelaan
Fri Dec 09, 2011 1:38 pm

Re: What are YOU listening to?

amh wrote:I'm terrible. Whenever I find a tune I like, I tend to listen to it 10+ times in a row (795 and counting for Serj Tankian's Sky Is Over, though fortunately not in a row). I'm also too lazy to make any kind of decent playlist. Search for artist, hit play, lean back and enjoy.


I do that too. I have a CD in my car that is, I kid you not, 100% Caramelldansen. Unfortunately, it's also the only thing my son ever wants to listen to. :D