Invisusira wrote:Skye1013 wrote:Ok, so I'm bored and have mostly decided I don't like Obama or Romney...
What do people think about Gov. Gary Johnson (the Libertarian candidate)?
Whenever someone talks about this kind of stuff, all I can think of is that episode of the Simpsons where the two aliens take over and run for president against each other.
"We can still vote for a third party!"
"Go ahead.
Throw your vote away."
It may be a throw away vote, but I'm fairly assured that Texas is a long ways away from ever being a "blue" state, so my vote won't mean much anyway. Voting for a third party at least lets me say "I voted, but didn't choose the current president, so I have a right to complain." Even if being in the military limits some of that right (though I don't know that'll be for too much longer anyhow.)
Fivelives wrote:Unless we drastically overhaul the election process and make it more than a 2 party race (all parties are technically welcome to run, but let's be serious here), casting a vote for anything but a republican or democrat is essentially "wasting" it.
The more people that "waste" their vote on someone else, the more likely it is that others will see the system is broken, or heck, might even take a chance the next election because the number is growing, and "this year just might be the year..."
For anyone that doesn't even take the time for a write in vote (even if it's a made up person/creature/place/whatever), I don't think they really have much room to complain about the system.