Sabindeus
Mon Oct 29, 2012 1:52 pm
Hurricane Sandy
blows real hard

Nikachelle wrote:How bad is it in NYC?
It's seriously windy here and my workplace is in full "batten down the hatches" mode. (Although really... we just took our computers home to work in case we can't get in to the office tomorrow.)
Nikachelle wrote:I just spoke to D (the friend you met who live in New York) and she says it's pretty calm in her area so far. She's mid-Brooklyn region though and not one of the coastal areas. Where are you staying in the meantime?


Nikachelle wrote:Aubade... half those photos aren't even taken during the current storm. They're from previous months.
http://www.theatlantic.com/technology/a ... es/264243/
Aubade wrote:From what I'm hearing on the news over here on the west coast. You guys are all gonna die and new york is going to be underwater by the end of the week.
Sabindeus wrote:Well, MY shit is flooded.
http://ow.ly/i/14x8N
(Note: I am not there, this is some other jackass ignoring the evacuation order and snapping photos and putting them on Twitter for me to follow and gnash my teeth over.)
Nikachelle wrote:Sabindeus wrote:Well, MY shit is flooded.
http://ow.ly/i/14x8N
(Note: I am not there, this is some other jackass ignoring the evacuation order and snapping photos and putting them on Twitter for me to follow and gnash my teeth over.)
What floor do you live on? :s

Sabindeus wrote:Nikachelle wrote:Sabindeus wrote:Well, MY shit is flooded.
http://ow.ly/i/14x8N
(Note: I am not there, this is some other jackass ignoring the evacuation order and snapping photos and putting them on Twitter for me to follow and gnash my teeth over.)
What floor do you live on? :s
2nd
this is my neighborhood right now: http://twitter.com/HuffingtonPost/statu ... to/1/large

Nooska wrote:Well on the upside there is still power.
though remind me, do you murricans call the floor at ground level the ground floor, the lobby or the first floor? (I can't remember who does what right now)
Skye1013 wrote:
That's some Independence Day shit right there...
Sabindeus wrote:Nikachelle wrote:Sabindeus wrote:Well, MY shit is flooded.
http://ow.ly/i/14x8N
(Note: I am not there, this is some other jackass ignoring the evacuation order and snapping photos and putting them on Twitter for me to follow and gnash my teeth over.)
What floor do you live on? :s
2nd
this is my neighborhood right now: http://twitter.com/HuffingtonPost/statu ... to/1/large