Skip to content
Maintankadin

If you could meet an MT'er IRL, who would it be and why?

Shoju
Mon Oct 14, 2013 1:14 pm

If you could meet an MT'er IRL, who would it be and why?

Interesting Topic came up on another forum. If you could meet a forum member IRL, who would it be, and why?

I'll Start.

It's really hard to determine "just one" for me, I'd have a short list. Nika, Klaud, or Nakama, all for different reasons.

Nika, because I regard her as a friend, and someone that, I'm pretty sure would be a good fit in my circle of friends, out at the bar one night.
Klaud, because I sort of think he's my long lost intellectual brother
Nakama, Because.... Well we're both L5R'ers, and a long time ago, in a game far far away, I thought he was a pretty frekkin' cool dude. I love to sit down, with some old school L5R decks, and laugh manically about the game we both played.
Nakama
Mon Oct 14, 2013 5:49 pm

Re: If you could meet an MT'er IRL, who would it be and why?

I've got about the same list. I'd love to meet Nika and Invis in real life sometime, just because they seem interesting.

Klaud just seems entertaining enough with a good sense of humor that I'd want to find out how he is IRL.

And I'd definitely love to chat it up with Shoju about good old L5R, though my memory of individual games is hazy anymore, the epic times that game provided, both online in forums and in real life, were more than worth the measly cost of the cards. :)

--Jed
bldavis
Mon Oct 14, 2013 8:24 pm

Re: If you could meet an MT'er IRL, who would it be and why?

ill be honest and say Shoju, you are at the top of my list...if for no other reason than to thank you for getting me started with my current guild.

others would include Ami, but we HAVE met irl, i spent a week with her last febuary (and we didnt kill each other, in fact it was a rather nice time if i do say so)

Skye would also be on the list, as a long time friend on the forums, and former guildie, as well as Lev, for similar reasons

im sure i can think of more if given enough time, but lets go with these for now :D
Barathorn
Tue Oct 15, 2013 2:40 am

Re: If you could meet an MT'er IRL, who would it be and why?

My list is redonculous. Mainly because everyone I really want to meet lives so far away [I think].

In no order though these names spring to mind,

Njall
Beorn
Nikachu [both parts]
Kat
Ami
Amh [so gutted we missed each other last year]
Shoju
Halabar
Sagara
Passionnaro
Anyone who was here from 2007/2008
Ulushnar [FREEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEDOOOOOOOOOOOOOM]
Levie and Snake obvs
All the mods - you guys and girls are ze bestest.
Aergis and Thalia
Everyone else who I would consider worthy of sitting on the veranda. You know who you are.

I don't however want to meet Lore. He sucks.

Bara.
Sagara
Tue Oct 15, 2013 4:46 am

Re: If you could meet an MT'er IRL, who would it be and why?

Ooooooh boy, that's gonna be one long-ass list. I'm gonna cut it short a bit by already adding:

All the former L5R guys
All the guys from "that" thread. Everyone that needs to know, knows which one.
Tera
Lythac
Bara
Nika
Lore
theck
treck
threck (been a while)
snake
Sabin, just to RP-taunt one another
and a fuckton more whom I can't remember off the top of my head.
katraya
Tue Oct 15, 2013 8:25 am

Re: If you could meet an MT'er IRL, who would it be and why?

I've already met Nika and Invis TWICE so I win!

Bara needs to come to Scotland when I eventually make it over there.

ETA: omg, Njall. Where did that jerk go? He needs to get his butt back over here. I'm also annoyed I never met Cerwillis since he and I are practically neighbors.
Fridmarr
Tue Oct 15, 2013 8:39 am

Re: If you could meet an MT'er IRL, who would it be and why?

I'd love to meet everyone really, but if I had to make a "short" list...

Levantine
Passionario
Nooska
Shoju
Koatanga
Klaud
Flex
Jabari
Malthrax
Dorvan
Brekkie
Era
Gracerath
All the Mods/Aergis

Mostly these are people who for one reason or another I think would be fun to kick back with, and I'm sure I'm missing quite a few.
Nikachelle
Tue Oct 15, 2013 10:06 am

Re: If you could meet an MT'er IRL, who would it be and why?

I've already met a metric-ton of you lot:

-Kat
-Njall
-Sab
-Baelor
-Theck
-Pfife
-Meloree
-Firas
-Arianne
-PsiVen
-Sahiel
-Ack
-Rhidach
-Anafielle
-mew
-Vanifae
-Rhiannon
-KysenMurrin
-Lore

and hell, I married an MTer.

At the top of my "to meet" list:

-Bara - So that he can tell if there really are black guys in England (I hope to hell you remember that)
-Shoju - Because we seem to have a lot in common.
-amh - If only for the accent!
-Levie - I need to see this tin can roof. Seriously.
-Lythac - Way too funny on the boards so therefore must be irl right?

And for various other reasons, none of which spring particularly to mind, but are still relevant people: Klaud, Aubade, Snake, Aergis, Thalia and pretty much anyone who showed up during Vent Date Nights.

I'm sure I've left people out.

Edited to add: Lieris! How could I forget!
beornus
Tue Oct 15, 2013 1:50 pm

Re: If you could meet an MT'er IRL, who would it be and why?

Woot, made Bara'a list! :D

Bara, Amh, Cogg and Theck, because they have been my mentors/guides and have been so cool in the process.
Skye1013
Tue Oct 15, 2013 11:16 pm

Re: If you could meet an MT'er IRL, who would it be and why?

Lev (do I need a reason? Fine... he's a former guildie and has fabulous hair! Plus, I want to visit Australia at some point in my life and I'm sure Lev would inflict bodily harm if I didn't plan a meetup.)
Ami (former GL and I'd love to see her rage in person [outside of reach/throwing distance...])
Bldavis (former guildie)
Theck (he's just awesome and a real cornerstone to everything I've learned about playing a Paladin)

There might be some others, but those are the ones that first spring to mind.

Edit: Oh, and Snake! So I can confirm that his soap opera life is in fact for realz!
Brekkie
Mon Oct 28, 2013 3:18 pm

Re: If you could meet an MT'er IRL, who would it be and why?

Awbade, because we played together as guildies.

Fridmarr, because I have mad respect for him.

Fivelives, because fellow veteran.
Aubade
Wed Nov 06, 2013 4:35 am

Re: If you could meet an MT'er IRL, who would it be and why?

My ears are ringing. What's up?

Also; my list would be as follows, in no particular order except the first.


Njall, I miss him =[


Nika/Invis Because Nika/Invis
Bldavis
Levantine
Brekkie
Bara
Katraya
Worldie
Theckd
Treckie
Klaud
Shoju
Fivelives
Arnock
that girl that used to do all the mod/ui stuff. (Name escapes me at the moment. I think it started with an M?)
Pretty much everyone that was a regular on AA or OG forums whos name escapes me right now.
I don't think there's anyone from here I wouldn't mind meeting. (At least in a public place =P)


And I didn't forget Aergis/Thalia, but I've already met them so I don't think it qualifies for this thread.
Cogglamp
Wed Nov 06, 2013 8:11 am

Re: If you could meet an MT'er IRL, who would it be and why?

beornus wrote:Woot, made Bara'a list! :D

Bara, Amh, Cogg and Theck, because they have been my mentors/guides and have been so cool in the process.


You may have your chance. I have to head to Nashville for a large conference in the Spring of 2014.
Fivelives
Fri Nov 08, 2013 3:41 am

Re: If you could meet an MT'er IRL, who would it be and why?

Brekkie wrote:Awbade, because we played together as guildies.

Fridmarr, because I have mad respect for him.

Fivelives, because fellow veteran.


Dafuq, I made someone's list? Heh. Cool.

Mine:
Invisachu - I still want that art consult, and somehow the two of them have just merged in my head into one person.
Brekkie - I'd love to pick your brain about working for diplomatic missions and get an outsider's perspective. Also, veteran.

Short list, but then I'm really not around all that much.
Belloc
Fri Nov 08, 2013 7:04 pm

Re: If you could meet an MT'er IRL, who would it be and why?

Fenira, because surprise ass :P
Klaudandus
Sat Nov 09, 2013 6:29 am

Re: If you could meet an MT'er IRL, who would it be and why?

I'm glad there's people that think highly of me.

I know it sounds like a cop-out but I'd like to meet everyone, because we're all paladins and paladins stick together and bash some heads with maces, because that's what we do.

I know I've gotten into arguments with some people, but I hope they're as thick skinned as I am and never take things personal and separate the things that we disagree on and are passionate about (like politics or the Red Sox) from the things that brings us together and are passionate about (like bashing things on the head with a mace and staring at boss-crotches).

I'd toast to that.
bldavis
Sat Nov 09, 2013 8:42 am

Re: If you could meet an MT'er IRL, who would it be and why?

Klaudandus wrote:I'm glad there's people that think highly of me.

I know it sounds like a cop-out but I'd like to meet everyone, because we're all paladins and paladins stick together and bash some heads with maces, because that's what we do.

I know I've gotten into arguments with some people, but I hope they're as thick skinned as I am and never take things personal and separate the things that we disagree on and are passionate about (like politics or the Red Sox) from the things that brings us together and are passionate about (like bashing things on the head with a mace and staring at boss-crotches).

I'd toast to that.

well put
Brekkie
Sun Nov 10, 2013 3:44 pm

Re: If you could meet an MT'er IRL, who would it be and why?

Belloc wrote:Fenira, because surprise ass :P


Thanks for making me laugh really loudly in the middle of the Enlisted Club.
Nikachelle
Sun Nov 10, 2013 7:35 pm

Re: If you could meet an MT'er IRL, who would it be and why?

Brekkie wrote:
Belloc wrote:Fenira, because surprise ass :P


Thanks for making me laugh really loudly in the middle of the Enlisted Club.

Does this best the time you tried to make D: face?
Sabindeus
Mon Nov 11, 2013 10:21 am

Re: If you could meet an MT'er IRL, who would it be and why?

Klaudandus wrote:I know I've gotten into arguments with some people, but I hope they're as thick skinned as I am and never take things personal and separate the things that we disagree on and are passionate about (like politics or the Red Sox)


man fuck the red sox
Snake-Aes
Mon Nov 11, 2013 8:01 pm

Re: If you could meet an MT'er IRL, who would it be and why?

Levie and Bara are people I'd share a drink with. And then watch the Evil Dead Musical.
katraya
Tue Nov 12, 2013 6:41 am

Re: If you could meet an MT'er IRL, who would it be and why?

Snake-Aes wrote:Levie and Bara are people I'd share a drink with. And then watch the Evil Dead Musical.


I would crash this party.
Barathorn
Tue Nov 12, 2013 9:40 am

Re: If you could meet an MT'er IRL, who would it be and why?

katraya wrote:
Snake-Aes wrote:Levie and Bara are people I'd share a drink with. And then watch the Evil Dead Musical.


I would crash this party.


This party would get out of hand due to probably very silly drinking. And then Evil Dead.

Bagsie the Boomstick.
Brekkie
Tue Nov 12, 2013 4:24 pm

Re: If you could meet an MT'er IRL, who would it be and why?

Nikachelle wrote:
Brekkie wrote:
Belloc wrote:Fenira, because surprise ass :P


Thanks for making me laugh really loudly in the middle of the Enlisted Club.

Does this best the time you tried to make D: face?


I am still unable to make that face :P