Skip to content
Maintankadin

MAINTANKADIN VENT

Levantine
Thu Apr 17, 2008 6:09 pm

Lolaggromagnet

Okay, so I've discovered something while playing Terrin, my Holy...ish priest (levelling without Spirit Tap? Fuck off)

ANYWAY

I ALWAYS die first. No matter what. If the group wipes, I'm the first to splat. For example, my guild had a group of us who were wanting to do the Ring Of Blood quests, and it was all good until the last guy, when he proceeds to ignore my pocket tankadin guild leader, never mind the shield that thumped him in the head and the Judgement of Righteousness. The ogre thing one hits me and the mage, and THEN the tank gets aggro, like, lolwhut? Also, in groups, I tend to die a lot.... even on 'clean' runs with no wipes, I'll die two or three times. It's not through my lack of trying to stay alive, but I just seem to be in god mode A LOT more than I'd like.

Even in PvP I get my ass handed to me first. Like, I was aoe grinding in netherstorm with my pocket tankadin (<3 my guild leader) and BAM I'm ganked by some lowlife moonkin in T6. -_- Of course, Safety, my GL, doesn't get ganked. Him and the druid fight for a bit, but the druid's trying to get him to take dura loss, cus he's also fighting like 7 mobs. ANYWAY, Safety is really good at training mobs on to other people it seems, so him and this druid end up in a stalemate. Meanwhile, whenever I res, I get starfired in the face and die.

/rant

Anyway, Priests always die first, and often.
/discuss
_________________
Bobu
Thu Apr 17, 2008 6:30 pm
this is easy to answer..you sir have been cursed by a troll shaman
_________________
Fat gurlz are hard to kidnap...i've tried...it's not worth it.
-Meeka
Bettiepage
Thu Apr 17, 2008 6:32 pm
I feel your pain. My Priest, Briyana, has a very, very hard time in Kara. It does not matter what goes wrong, the Mage could pull aggro off the tank by accident and it would still go for me. Rolling Eyes I had recount going that whole run, I died the most at 14 deaths. #2 was the Resto Shammy @ 3 deaths. So I dont know, Maybe Blizz likes to pick on Priests? That was our last Kara run around mid Jan this year. So now that I am ready for Kara w/ my Tankadin, Nobody is ever on anymore...go figure.

Well, for whatever it is, Priest hate and what not, I hope things work out for the best.

Cheers,
_________________
I am the arm of the Light in battle. I know my path, can you say the same?

http://www.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Greymane&n=Bettiepage
Elennira
Thu Apr 17, 2008 7:12 pm
and this is why my highest priest is lvl 18




and shit, i gotta go make one, now, took my own statement as a challenge
_________________
Thorgrimal
Thu Apr 17, 2008 9:15 pm
when I switched from the pally to the squi... I mean the priest, ages ago, I noticed a lot more death was the least of my worries.....

now, it's about even, though, I'm not a healing priest and I don't raid with him, maybe cause everyone I know is ally and my priest is a zombie.....

But a priest friend of mine, well, I talked her into going shadow cause her repair bills were more than mine one run. Though, there isn't a screen shot of it, so no proof >.>
_________________
Levantine
Thu Apr 17, 2008 9:18 pm
Lol, safety was whining about having to reapair. Something about it costing him 10g. I look at my own repair bills, 5g and then think how many more times I have to see it. >.> Bitch tankadin has nothing to whine about, imo.
_________________
sapientialb
Fri Apr 18, 2008 7:24 am
We have a shadow priest in our guild who is a really really great person but she dies at a drop of hat. We took her to Kara for the first time this week and the only thing that died more than she did was one of the warlock's imps. If she was a nelf I'd say she's been contemplating Elune wistfully instead of paying attention but she a heathen troll so who knows.
_________________


"Tanks need many stats, including No-blink crotch staring resistance" - Snake-Aes
Thorgrimal
Fri Apr 18, 2008 8:55 am
Thats why I still say, go ahead, pull aggro, it resets after you die.

loose more enhancement shaman that way......
_________________
koldawne
Fri Apr 18, 2008 10:23 am
It must be a high level thing.. my holy priest has been soloing her way up without any problems whatsoever. She's 45, has died..umm...MAYBE 3 times. Ive healed everything from VC to ZF without any issues.
_________________
Snake-Aes
Sat Apr 19, 2008 4:38 am
Reminds me of people that don't spec into silent resolve/shadow affinity... It's actually very easy to overaggro a tank this way O.o
_________________

Quidquid latine dictum sit altum videtur (Anything said in Latin seems deep)
Lakirby
Sat Apr 19, 2008 4:49 am
I see dead draenei....


Oh wait, Lakeisha's healing. That would explain things. I take dirt naps *WAY* too often on her when she's holy, it's crazy.
_________________



<Shadows of Eternity> - Kilrogg EU - 4/5 MH 5/9 BT