Skip to content
Maintankadin

Relationships

Snake-Aes
Sat May 16, 2015 9:43 am

Re: Relationships

Birthday presents obtained this year.
Cake
Dice bag
Experimental Optics exam
New headphones
Inscribed brass bracelet
2 small Portal Turrets (open and shut)
A Grand Galloping Gala Rarity

I am a happy man.
Passionario
Sun May 17, 2015 1:12 am

Re: Relationships

Speaking of birthdays, mine's today and I'm off to Legoland to celebrate. :)
Era
Sun May 17, 2015 8:23 am

Re: Relationships

Happy birthday to the both of you :)
Njall
Mon May 18, 2015 8:02 am

Re: Relationships

Oh. And I got a hammock for my birthday too. I've set it up under the Xbawxhueg apple tree we have in the back yard (3 stories is unnatural for an apple tree). It's comfy.
Snake-Aes
Wed Jun 17, 2015 8:20 am

Re: Relationships

Miss Poet is living up to this title. Was talking with her friends the other day, waiting for her to arrive, when they gossiped out how she figured she had fallen for me.
It happened during a Text Writing class. They were engaged in small talk when the professor asked them to write about the very first thing that popped in their heads. Hence was born a two-page prose titled "Blue Eyes"
Snake-Aes
Mon Jun 29, 2015 9:33 pm

Re: Relationships

Onwards to non-romantic relationships, I never cease to be impressed by how deep people are.

I mean, it should be obvious, everyone has a whole life behind them that culminates in who we are today, but we evaluate people superficially.
Today my oldest exalted group, the ones with whom I chat on a daily basis for years now, has a series of fun discoveries.
We discover, in order, that:
All are versed enough in economical theory they can explain why certain abstract concepts about commerce and money are actually solid enough to be as factual as the length of a day.
One of the members wants to go back to college to advance on a new career in compscience.
Another two of us are accomplished in that field, in widely different subfields: Self-replicating algorithms and complex data analysis.
They are also business founders of moderate success, one in education and the other in aerospace engineering.


This is a random chat group about a game. We talk about games, erotic literature, terrible (TERRIBLE) puns, anime. Someone comes in mad at some political bullshit and the others will mock relentlessly for all of half a hour until someone posts a picture of a corgi. And those same people are also internationally successful technicians, scientists and people capable of making large strides toward trivializing space flight.

Holy shit.
Aubade
Mon Jul 06, 2015 8:56 am

Re: Relationships

Oh hello,

How are all of you?
Passionario
Wed Jul 08, 2015 3:50 am

Re: Relationships

Aubade wrote:Oh hello,

How are all of you?

Hello! I'm still doing great, relationship-wise. :)
Njall
Wed Jul 08, 2015 6:47 am

Re: Relationships

I am told spending a weekend jackhammering out the concrete in the basement for a downstairs bathroom makes me good husband material. I feel surprisingly manly after all the concrete breaking and the subsequent digging. I am also very tired.
Passionario
Wed Jul 08, 2015 8:42 am

Re: Relationships

Njall wrote:I feel surprisingly manly after all the concrete breaking and the subsequent digging.

Nothing surprising about that, there's a reason why it's a sterotype for dwarves in fantasy.
Njall
Wed Jul 08, 2015 11:32 am

Re: Relationships

Passionario wrote:
Njall wrote:I feel surprisingly manly after all the concrete breaking and the subsequent digging.

Nothing surprising about that, there's a reason why it's a sterotype for dwarves in fantasy.


Hadn't thought of that. Still, once upon a time, I was a geologist.
Aubade
Wed Jul 08, 2015 1:35 pm

Re: Relationships

Njall wrote:
Passionario wrote:
Njall wrote:I feel surprisingly manly after all the concrete breaking and the subsequent digging.

Nothing surprising about that, there's a reason why it's a sterotype for dwarves in fantasy.


Hadn't thought of that. Still, once upon a time, I was a geologist.


Are you not still a Geologist? I've missed a lot =O
Barathorn
Fri Jul 10, 2015 8:58 am

Re: Relationships

Ahhh, the disturbance I felt in the force was Allbad.

How are you?
Aubade
Sun Jul 12, 2015 3:48 pm

Re: Relationships

Barathorn wrote:Ahhh, the disturbance I felt in the force was Allbad.

How are you?



Busy as can be nowadays.

Working as an apprentice Aerospace Engineer. Living with my girlfriend (the one I always used to talk about around here haha.) and just living life!
Snake-Aes
Sun Jul 12, 2015 5:31 pm

Re: Relationships

Good, good :D