I've been more than ready for kara for 2 or 3 months, and this weekend I finally had the chance to go. I went with a guild alt druid that has been running kara with his old guild on friday nights for the last few weeks.
We get in there and druid MT tells me to tank the X. After the first couple pulls I went ahead and grabbed X and O when the healers had developed some trust in my ability. From there on out it was smooth sailing. I tanked midnight and moroes, then when we hit maiden I asked if I should switch to healing gear. He goes, "Why, you're tanking her".
Long story short, the raid had complete faith in me, even though they never had a pally tank in kara. I impressed them enough in lower kara that they let me MT the hard hitters in upper kara. I mt'd prince and nightbane (my first time ever fighting them, never even fought them on my main), and I ot'd but messed up on beam duty for netherspite. I got hit with the red beam accidentally pretty much rendering me worthless for the fight.
For some reason i was in good favor with the wow gods that night. It was plate drop night and I cashed in. I got the bracers off attumen, which were more or less a side grade from my Green Fortress ones, Crimson Girdle off of Moroes (upgrade from Arc key belt), T4 glove token (grabbed tanking gloves and enchanted with 20SP), and last but not least...panzar'thar! The run also left me with exactly 35 badges so I grabbed Slikk's Cloak right away.
Wrynn's also dropped, but since I already had the badge leggings they went to the holy pally. I also received a couple welfare healing items; the gloves off of attumen and the healing mace which was mistakenly given to me instead of the feral druid.
I increased my hp by over 1000 and AC by 3 or 400, and went from kara ready to ZA ready overnight (literally, the raid ended about 4am).
Once again, I want to thank all of you for time invested in strategy, theory crafting, and intelligent questions answered on this board. Even w/o all the sweet gear upgrades, I had a blast playing wow all night. My adrenaline was pumping hardcore during the prince fight, something I haven't felt since downing Vael in BWL a year and a half ago. Also, it was a rush receiving all the compliments at the end of the run. There was the usual "I love pally tanks" in /ra chat after we downed nightbane, and I even received whispers from one of the priests telling me great job and saying she'd never seen a pally hold aggro and survive as well as I did in a raid.
Ciandin
Mon Dec 10, 2007 8:40 am









